Return to Baseball Leftovers

ARod Confronts Manny and Doug

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat May 27, 2006 8:52 am

Lofunzo wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
The Big Stick wrote:
Code: Select all
Boston Red Sox
(1907 - 2005) - 5 World Championships, 9 Pennants, and 16 Playoff Appearances
Boston Pilgrims (1903 - 1906) - 1 World Championship, 2 Pennants, and 1 Playoff Appearance
Boston Somersets (1902)
Boston Americans (1901)
Boston Red Sox 6 World Championships, 11 Pennants, 17 Playoff Games.


Code: Select all
New York Yankees
(1913 - 2005) - 26 World Championships, 39 Pennants, and 45 Playoff Appearances
New York Highlanders (1903 - 1912)
Baltimore Orioles (1901, 1902)


Need I say more?

Yes, you now need to explain how this has any relevance between ARod and Manny.

Keep trying Big Stick. Maybe one of these days you'll come up with something intelligent to say. ;-D


And you need to explain to me what Manny's WS ring has to do with comparing him with A-Rod...

Because Manny has "taken care of business" on the biggest stage, whereas ARod has not.


If you think that they blew a 3-0 series lead solely because of A-Rod, you are sadly mistaken.

WOW! Why is everyone putting words in my mouth?! When did I say that? My god you guys are unreal.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11135
(Past Year: -350)
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat May 27, 2006 8:54 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:Because Manny has "taken care of business" on the biggest stage, whereas ARod has not.


We just showed you the numbers on the "biggest stage" and A-Rod has better numbers than Manny...

Well the numbers aren't what count in the end, are they? No, it's the rings. Manny has one, ARod doesn't. ARod hasn't "taken care of business on the biggest stage."

Ted Williams didn't "take care of business on the biggest stage."

Scott Brosius did "take care of business on the biggest stage."
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11135
(Past Year: -350)
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby Lofunzo » Sat May 27, 2006 1:40 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
The Big Stick wrote:
Code: Select all
Boston Red Sox
(1907 - 2005) - 5 World Championships, 9 Pennants, and 16 Playoff Appearances
Boston Pilgrims (1903 - 1906) - 1 World Championship, 2 Pennants, and 1 Playoff Appearance
Boston Somersets (1902)
Boston Americans (1901)
Boston Red Sox 6 World Championships, 11 Pennants, 17 Playoff Games.


Code: Select all
New York Yankees
(1913 - 2005) - 26 World Championships, 39 Pennants, and 45 Playoff Appearances
New York Highlanders (1903 - 1912)
Baltimore Orioles (1901, 1902)


Need I say more?

Yes, you now need to explain how this has any relevance between ARod and Manny.

Keep trying Big Stick. Maybe one of these days you'll come up with something intelligent to say. ;-D


And you need to explain to me what Manny's WS ring has to do with comparing him with A-Rod...

Because Manny has "taken care of business" on the biggest stage, whereas ARod has not.


If you think that they blew a 3-0 series lead solely because of A-Rod, you are sadly mistaken.

WOW! Why is everyone putting words in my mouth?! When did I say that? My god you guys are unreal.


How am I putting words in your mouth?? I said "if you think.......".

Just a few snippets of yours in this thread:

teddy ballgame wrote:Btw, who's the one under more fire for choking and struggling? So I wouldn't say ARod is "taking care of business" or showed Manny anything.


teddy ballgame wrote:I already said that saying Brosius has more rings than Manny has no point because I never said whoever has more rings was the better player.


I brought this back up because I find it ironic. You mention that rings have no influence on who is the better player yet you brought them up as a defense for Manny.

teddy ballgame wrote:Because once again, the guy said ARod was taking care of business and I said that was a pretty stupid and miniscule incident to take care of business with. Why doesn't he try and take care of business in something that counts like winning a ring, like Manny has. NOWHERE did I say Manny is a better baseball player than ARod.


Manny has won 1 ring. I said that A-Rod wasn't solely responsible for blowing the 3-0 series lead. I also think that it is safe to say that if the Yankee team didn't blow the 3-0 lead, A-Rod would have his ring and Manny would still be waiting for his. That doesn't change the fact that A-Rod is a better player than Manny.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Lofunzo » Sat May 27, 2006 1:41 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:Because Manny has "taken care of business" on the biggest stage, whereas ARod has not.


We just showed you the numbers on the "biggest stage" and A-Rod has better numbers than Manny...

Well the numbers aren't what count in the end, are they? No, it's the rings. Manny has one, ARod doesn't. ARod hasn't "taken care of business on the biggest stage."

Ted Williams didn't "take care of business on the biggest stage."

Scott Brosius did "take care of business on the biggest stage."


How can you say that when A-Rod hasn't gotten to the "biggest stage".
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat May 27, 2006 1:42 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:Because Manny has "taken care of business" on the biggest stage, whereas ARod has not.


We just showed you the numbers on the "biggest stage" and A-Rod has better numbers than Manny...

Well the numbers aren't what count in the end, are they? No, it's the rings. Manny has one, ARod doesn't. ARod hasn't "taken care of business on the biggest stage."

Ted Williams didn't "take care of business on the biggest stage."

Scott Brosius did "take care of business on the biggest stage."


Once again, TEAMS win World Series, not players. A-Rod has taken care of business on the big stage. Most of his teammates have not though, and it has cost him a chance to win a ring.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11623
(Past Year: -296)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat May 27, 2006 4:03 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:Because Manny has "taken care of business" on the biggest stage, whereas ARod has not.


We just showed you the numbers on the "biggest stage" and A-Rod has better numbers than Manny...

Well the numbers aren't what count in the end, are they? No, it's the rings. Manny has one, ARod doesn't. ARod hasn't "taken care of business on the biggest stage."

Ted Williams didn't "take care of business on the biggest stage."

Scott Brosius did "take care of business on the biggest stage."


How can you say that when A-Rod hasn't gotten to the "biggest stage".

Because getting to the "biggest stage" is part of the "taking care of business" he hasn't accomplished.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11135
(Past Year: -350)
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat May 27, 2006 4:09 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:I already said that saying Brosius has more rings than Manny has no point because I never said whoever has more rings was the better player.


I brought this back up because I find it ironic. You mention that rings have no influence on who is the better player yet you brought them up as a defense for Manny.

No. I'm using it as a defense as to say Manny took care of business and ARod didn't. I didn't use it to say Manny was better than ARod, something I have repeadetly said is not true. Obviously it doesn't matter how many times I say it though, because every argument you guys make comes back to, Manny's not better than ARod. Guess what? I AGREE!

teddy ballgame wrote:Because once again, the guy said ARod was taking care of business and I said that was a pretty stupid and miniscule incident to take care of business with. Why doesn't he try and take care of business in something that counts like winning a ring, like Manny has. NOWHERE did I say Manny is a better baseball player than ARod.


Manny has won 1 ring. I said that A-Rod wasn't solely responsible for blowing the 3-0 series lead. I also think that it is safe to say that if the Yankee team didn't blow the 3-0 lead, A-Rod would have his ring and Manny would still be waiting for his. That doesn't change the fact that A-Rod is a better player than Manny.

And, once again I DIDN'T SAY MANNY WAS BETTER THAN AROD. Yeah, you're right. If they hadn't blown the 3-0 lead, he might have a ring. So what? What does that have to do with anything?

If the ball didn't go through Buckner's legs, Clemens would have had a ring with the Sox.

If the Red Sox didn't sell Babe Ruth they would have won more rings.

Does any of that matter?
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11135
(Past Year: -350)
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat May 27, 2006 4:34 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:I already said that saying Brosius has more rings than Manny has no point because I never said whoever has more rings was the better player.


I brought this back up because I find it ironic. You mention that rings have no influence on who is the better player yet you brought them up as a defense for Manny.

No. I'm using it as a defense as to say Manny took care of business and ARod didn't. I didn't use it to say Manny was better than ARod, something I have repeadetly said is not true. Obviously it doesn't matter how many times I say it though, because every argument you guys make comes back to, Manny's not better than ARod. Guess what? I AGREE!

teddy ballgame wrote:Because once again, the guy said ARod was taking care of business and I said that was a pretty stupid and miniscule incident to take care of business with. Why doesn't he try and take care of business in something that counts like winning a ring, like Manny has. NOWHERE did I say Manny is a better baseball player than ARod.


Manny has won 1 ring. I said that A-Rod wasn't solely responsible for blowing the 3-0 series lead. I also think that it is safe to say that if the Yankee team didn't blow the 3-0 lead, A-Rod would have his ring and Manny would still be waiting for his. That doesn't change the fact that A-Rod is a better player than Manny.

And, once again I DIDN'T SAY MANNY WAS BETTER THAN AROD. Yeah, you're right. If they hadn't blown the 3-0 lead, he might have a ring. So what? What does that have to do with anything?

If the ball didn't go through Buckner's legs, Clemens would have had a ring with the Sox.

If the Red Sox didn't sell Babe Ruth they would have won more rings.

Does any of that matter?


You're contradicting yourself left and right.

You admit that teams win world series, not players, but you accuse A-Rod of not taking care of business in the playoffs, when his numbers clearly show he has.

Maybe what you're trying to say is, Manny's TEAM took care of business in the playoffs, and A-Rod's TEAM has not. That is the only argument you have, and is one that is irrelavent in this particular conversation.

In no way does Manny's ring suggest he took care of business in the playoffs, and in no way does the fact that A-Rod doesn't have a ring suggest that A-Rod did not take care of business in the playoffs.

They have nothing to do with eachother.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11623
(Past Year: -296)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat May 27, 2006 7:11 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:I already said that saying Brosius has more rings than Manny has no point because I never said whoever has more rings was the better player.


I brought this back up because I find it ironic. You mention that rings have no influence on who is the better player yet you brought them up as a defense for Manny.

No. I'm using it as a defense as to say Manny took care of business and ARod didn't. I didn't use it to say Manny was better than ARod, something I have repeadetly said is not true. Obviously it doesn't matter how many times I say it though, because every argument you guys make comes back to, Manny's not better than ARod. Guess what? I AGREE!

teddy ballgame wrote:Because once again, the guy said ARod was taking care of business and I said that was a pretty stupid and miniscule incident to take care of business with. Why doesn't he try and take care of business in something that counts like winning a ring, like Manny has. NOWHERE did I say Manny is a better baseball player than ARod.


Manny has won 1 ring. I said that A-Rod wasn't solely responsible for blowing the 3-0 series lead. I also think that it is safe to say that if the Yankee team didn't blow the 3-0 lead, A-Rod would have his ring and Manny would still be waiting for his. That doesn't change the fact that A-Rod is a better player than Manny.

And, once again I DIDN'T SAY MANNY WAS BETTER THAN AROD. Yeah, you're right. If they hadn't blown the 3-0 lead, he might have a ring. So what? What does that have to do with anything?

If the ball didn't go through Buckner's legs, Clemens would have had a ring with the Sox.

If the Red Sox didn't sell Babe Ruth they would have won more rings.

Does any of that matter?


You're contradicting yourself left and right.

You admit that teams win world series, not players, but you accuse A-Rod of not taking care of business in the playoffs, when his numbers clearly show he has.

Maybe what you're trying to say is, Manny's TEAM took care of business in the playoffs, and A-Rod's TEAM has not. That is the only argument you have, and is one that is irrelavent in this particular conversation.

In no way does Manny's ring suggest he took care of business in the playoffs, and in no way does the fact that A-Rod doesn't have a ring suggest that A-Rod did not take care of business in the playoffs.

They have nothing to do with eachother.

Ok, then it's obvious I can't win with you guys. I really don't care anymore. ARod is not someone who should be going over to Manny and saying he should show more class or professionalism. That's what the bottom line, and my main point was.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11135
(Past Year: -350)
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby Grouperman941 » Sat May 27, 2006 8:38 pm

I am wondering when Doug Mirabelli was elevated to first-name-only status.

Every time I read the title to this thread, it takes a minute to figure out who Doug is.
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2074
(Past Year: -5)
Joined: 2 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Rays Country

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: wkelly91 and 8 guests