Return to Baseball Leftovers

ARod Confronts Manny and Doug

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Sat May 27, 2006 9:24 pm

Grouperman941 wrote:I am wondering when Doug Mirabelli was elevated to first-name-only status.

Every time I read the title to this thread, it takes a minute to figure out who Doug is.

I think that people just didn't want to type out his last name. Kind of like Pierzynski.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Grouperman941 » Sat May 27, 2006 9:31 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Grouperman941 wrote:I am wondering when Doug Mirabelli was elevated to first-name-only status.

Every time I read the title to this thread, it takes a minute to figure out who Doug is.

I think that people just didn't want to type out his last name. Kind of like Pierzynski.

Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -5)

Postby McBain » Sun May 28, 2006 1:10 am

PinotResa wrote:Oh you Yanks, such drama queens.

There, I corrected your comment.

(When in Queens....)
McBain
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -3)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun May 28, 2006 7:10 am

teddy ballgame wrote:Ok, then it's obvious I can't win with you guys. I really don't care anymore. ARod is not someone who should be going over to Manny and saying he should show more class or professionalism. That's what the bottom line, and my main point was.

If you don't think A-Rod should go up to Manny, fine. But Manny's rings have nothing to do with that reason.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun May 28, 2006 9:26 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:Ok, then it's obvious I can't win with you guys. I really don't care anymore. ARod is not someone who should be going over to Manny and saying he should show more class or professionalism. That's what the bottom line, and my main point was.

If you don't think A-Rod should go up to Manny, fine. But Manny's rings have nothing to do with that reason.

Didn't say he shouldn't go up to him because he doesn't have a ring. I love how everyone twists my words and can't understand what I'm saying. The whole thing about the rings started, when the poster who started the thread said ARod took care of business. It was about that comment made, not the actions ARod took.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby Lofunzo » Sun May 28, 2006 10:30 am

teddy ballgame wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

Didn't say he shouldn't go up to him because he doesn't have a ring. I love how everyone twists my words and can't understand what I'm saying. The whole thing about the rings started, when the poster who started the thread said ARod took care of business. It was about that comment made, not the actions ARod took.

Yet somehow, taking care of business went from talking to Manny to getting key hits in the playoffs.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun May 28, 2006 11:08 am

Lofunzo wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

Yet somehow, taking care of business went from talking to Manny to getting key hits in the playoffs.

Yeah? And? That doesn't change the fact that I brought up rings after the poster said "ARod took care of business", and not because of what actually happened. It was a reaction to the poster's comments, NOT AROD'S ACTIONS.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby Red Sox Frizeak » Sun May 28, 2006 8:02 pm

arod is funky and he is the least clutch baseball player i have ever seen in my life. manny is off the hook, and he can showoff all he wants.
Red Sox Frizeak
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby acsguitar » Sun May 28, 2006 10:29 pm

Red Sox Frizeak wrote:arod is funky and he is the least clutch baseball player i have ever seen in my life. manny is off the hook, and he can showoff all he wants.

You should write a gangster rap about it.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)

Postby Kurtangletn » Mon May 29, 2006 4:19 am

A-Rod is a joke, especially after all he has done, causing brawls over nothing, and slapping balls out of hands and endangering sox players (if you remember the oh so classy yankee fans threw baseballs at the red sox players after the call was made that arod was out)

I think people need to stop with the old "If he aint running outta the box hes showing up the pitcher" crap, its old style. Today people admire there HRs more often then not it seems, I dont see anything wrong with it when another team does it, any player and pitcher, it just is todays culture.
"This flag dips to no earthly king."
Kurtangletn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers