Return to Baseball Leftovers

Troy Glaus to play SS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mweir145 » Sat May 27, 2006 9:05 pm

bdrotoronto wrote:Glaus is back at 3B today, and was also moved back to 3B for defensive purposes late in last night's game.

Clearly it seems he won't be moved to SS with much regularity, and even if he does get enough starts at SS to get fantasy eligibility, it will take a while.

Yeah, he's not going to be starting at SS with the exception of a few Lilly starts. It's just a question of how many Lilly starts he'll get to play SS by the AS break (when Adams is set to return).
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Sat May 27, 2006 9:07 pm

bdrotoronto wrote:John McDonald has been a BEAST in the infield with the glove today. 8-o Brilliant plays to end the 6th and 8th innings. The one to end the 6th surely saved them a couple of runs, and has kept them in a tight game.

I seriously think McDonald can make a play to be a regular starter for a while if things continue like this, which there's no reason to think he can't do. McDonald's bat is really no worse than what Adams was providing all year (.230), and the Jays were winning plenty of games as it was with that performance and with all those errors.

McDonald got hurt in the 9th, and they brought in that journeyman SS Figeroa. He looked terrible. John better not be out for an extended period of time or else we could be in huge trouble. Glaus might actually have to play every game at SS if we don't have anybody else. :-o
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby bdrotoronto » Sat May 27, 2006 9:47 pm

mweir145 wrote:
bdrotoronto wrote:John McDonald has been a BEAST in the infield with the glove today. 8-o Brilliant plays to end the 6th and 8th innings. The one to end the 6th surely saved them a couple of runs, and has kept them in a tight game.

I seriously think McDonald can make a play to be a regular starter for a while if things continue like this, which there's no reason to think he can't do. McDonald's bat is really no worse than what Adams was providing all year (.230), and the Jays were winning plenty of games as it was with that performance and with all those errors.

McDonald got hurt in the 9th, and they brought in that journeyman SS Figeroa. He looked terrible. John better not be out for an extended period of time or else we could be in huge trouble. Glaus might actually have to play every game at SS if we don't have anybody else. :-o

Figueroa looked awful, I agree. He was involved in two defensive plays and one at-bat, and was terrible on all of them. I actually think I'd prefer seeing Glaus at short every day than taking a chance on this guy.. :-o
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -32)

Postby TheBayBergaler » Sun May 28, 2006 11:41 pm

Not a good ideal...

Glaus will get hurt if he plays a lot of SS... I think people forget how fragile he is.
Yahoo StatTracker+MLB Extra Innings= Heaven
TheBayBergaler
College Coach
College Coach

Postby beerman648 » Mon May 29, 2006 3:03 am

alright maybe my yahoo is effed but still it is showin 9 times played there and 4 starts no matter how many times I refresh it. Maybe the logical answer is that I am halucinatin but ;-D I like that hallucination. Time to trade for him is all i have to say
beerman648
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -5)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon May 29, 2006 10:02 am

mweir145 wrote:

Just heard - McDonald on the DL with a pulled groin. Edgardo Alfonzo will be up and playing 2B tonight against the Red Sox.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -414)

Postby mweir145 » Mon May 29, 2006 10:42 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

Just heard - McDonald on the DL with a pulled groin. Edgardo Alfonzo will be up and playing 2B tonight against the Red Sox.

That's not good news. :-/
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby bdrotoronto » Mon May 29, 2006 11:08 am

mweir145 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

That's not good news. :-/

Not good news at all. And even with his .100 average, I still think he will be better than Figueroa.. :-o :-o
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -32)

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:46 pm

Jun 13 Jordan Bastian, of Toronto.BlueJays.MLB.com, reports Toronto Blue Jays 3B Troy Glaus could start at short stop when interleague play begins again Saturday, June 17. Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said he would like to get more offense in the lineup and he might move Glaus over to short stop and put DH Shea Hillenbrand at third base. If that happens, Gibbons said 2B Russ Adams would start at second base when a right-handed pitcher is on the mound, while SS Aaron Hill would be in the lineup to face left-handers.

Just an update to this story. It looks like Glaus could very well become SS eligible in a few weeks.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers