Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anyone with 8+ years of experience.....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bleach168 » Tue May 30, 2006 6:38 pm

The "experts" provide you with the ability to win Yahoo public leagues and no more. And for the most part, they only provide player evaulations which as we should all know is an imperfect science so I don't see any real benefit to be gained from the so called "experts."
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cordscords » Wed May 31, 2006 8:24 am

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... aftresults

I followed the big board to the point where it makes sense. I took Santana first, and then the best player available for my 2nd round pick was Pedro. Since I already took a SP, and Wright was ranked just below Pedro, I took Wright.

After my first several picks I looked away from the bigboard to fill some RP (Nathan) and my 1B need (Shelton). I did however keep notice of the On The Bubble, and drafted Bonderman, Penny, Kearns, Weeks, and maybe somebody else. I don't remember.

I will see how this turns out.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 5)

Postby number9 » Wed May 31, 2006 10:35 am

Yeah, this complaint is assuming that all the information out there is accurate. Is it?
number9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -6)

Postby HOOTIE » Wed May 31, 2006 10:45 am

There is a ton of info now true. But the key is knowing what is good, and what isn't. And the same major mistake still gets made now, like in the past. Many still treat it like a sprint, not a marathon. It's tougher to win now, but it makes winning that much more fun. Accept the challenge. The best guys still win most the time.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby bleach168 » Wed May 31, 2006 1:42 pm

cordscords wrote:http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... aftresults

I followed the big board to the point where it makes sense. I took Santana first, and then the best player available for my 2nd round pick was Pedro. Since I already took a SP, and Wright was ranked just below Pedro, I took Wright.

After my first several picks I looked away from the bigboard to fill some RP (Nathan) and my 1B need (Shelton). I did however keep notice of the On The Bubble, and drafted Bonderman, Penny, Kearns, Weeks, and maybe somebody else. I don't remember.

I will see how this turns out.

I think you got a bit lucky. I was almost certain you'd get something like Soriano and Thome, instead Santana and Wright are actually pretty good. It is a Yahoo Public league though, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -11)

Postby SeovyeQuirsefron » Wed May 31, 2006 2:46 pm

Perspective of a first-year Fantasy Player.

I've been following baseball as much or more as the average but true baseball fan my whole life, and I'm pretty sure you long-time Fantasy Players could kick my butt even though I use all the resources -- including this site -- I can find.

I still have much to learn.

Take heart.
A baseball fan has the digestive apparatus of a billy goat. He can, and does, devour any set of diamond statistics with insatiable appetite and then nuzzles hungrily for more. ~Arthur Daley
SeovyeQuirsefron
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -5)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers