http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... llo/060530

interesting. Is anyone else confused?
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Wed May 31, 2006 12:45 am

This topic has been beaten to death everywhere. Surely ESPN writers have something to do other than hound one of the best players in the game.

Ugh.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -227)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed May 31, 2006 12:46 am

I haven't read the article in full, but it seems to be making fun of the people who make fun of A-Rod...

In the second inning, following a David Ortiz strikeout, Manny Ramirez hit a home run to left. Then the next batter, Jason Varitek, grounded out to A-Rod at third. I mean, come on A-Rod! Now you make the play?! The batter before hits a home run over your head to cut your team's lead to two and you do nothing, and then Varitek hits a weak grounder to you and you make that out? How about jumping up and snagging that Ramirez shot before it rocketed over your head? That's what your team needed! I mean, I don't know -- if I'm going to pay a guy $25 million to play third, I expect him to make those plays. I can get anyone to field routine ground balls.
Last edited by bigh0rt on Wed May 31, 2006 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed May 31, 2006 12:52 am

Actually... this isn't half bad... sort of funny how he pokes fun at all the people putting A-Rod under the microscope, jocking him...

Thursday, no game: A scheduled off day. Typical A-Fraud -- the Yankees manage to win back-to-back games against the Red Sox and he needs a day off. Pathetic.

He went 3-for-4 with a double and just one measly RBI. Uh, hello? A-Rod? How about you muscle up a bit, you wuss, and make those singles into home runs? Had you done that, the Yankees would have won. But they didn't. And even the worst team in baseball proved it can come into your home park and make you look like a fool.

Rodriguez hit two home runs and the Yankees won 15-4. Wow, great timing there, A-Rod. Not only do you have a big game in an easy win -- every RBI in the careers of Derek Jeter and David Ortiz has come with their teams trailing in the bottom of the ninth (it's true, look it up) -- but where were those two home runs, four runs scored and three RBI last night, when your team really needed them? Huh, A-Rod? Where were they then? You sicken me, that's what you do, A-Rod. You sicken me.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Wed May 31, 2006 12:53 am

tal1286 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:The search function is your friend. O:-)

where, just out of curiousity? I just searched arod and afraud and didn't get anything recent that related to the ESPN article that came out 14 hours ago.

Mistake on my part. At first glance I thought it was an article I had read previously. Upon looking further, well... you can see I edited, and posted again. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RynMan » Wed May 31, 2006 12:55 am

bigh0rt wrote:I haven't read the article in full, but it seems to be making fun of the people who make fun of A-Rod...

In the second inning, following a David Ortiz strikeout, Manny Ramirez hit a home run to left. Then the next batter, Jason Varitek, grounded out to A-Rod at third. I mean, come on A-Rod! Now you make the play?! The batter before hits a home run over your head to cut your team's lead to two and you do nothing, and then Varitek hits a weak grounder to you and you make that out? How about jumping up and snagging that Ramirez shot before it rocketed over your head? That's what your team needed! I mean, I don't know -- if I'm going to pay a guy $25 million to play third, I expect him to make those plays. I can get anyone to field routine ground balls.

!+) Guess I didn't get it. I'm lost.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -227)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed May 31, 2006 12:55 am

And until A-Rod comes up huge in a World Series with the pressure on and single-handedly wins a championship for the Yankees, I won't believe in him.

(Oh, and it has to be in Game 7 of the World Series against the Red Sox, or it won't count.)
:-b
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers