Return to Baseball Leftovers

Was Huff on the Juice?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Was Huff on the Juice?

Postby kaiser » Wed May 31, 2006 7:04 am

I know this stuff gets tossed around way too much, but as i look at his stats, with the peak he achieved in 2003-2004, and then the dive he has taken since, I can only wonder if there was something present then that is not present now.

i am not trying to make irresponsible accustaions- he was one of my favorite young players. I just wonder what the deal is...
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 176)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Philliebuster » Wed May 31, 2006 8:36 am

Geez, how quick of you to turn (and what an acusation) on your so called "favorite young player."

I still think he'll turn it around, a trade to a different team which I think will happen will assist in this turnaround this season.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby d18Mike » Wed May 31, 2006 9:06 am

They were puzzling over this very topic on MLB's Fantasy 411 a week or so ago. Certainly no roids accusations. but they did note that it is an odd career trajectory that someone would show sustained -- but not fatal -- regression before they hit the supposed peak years of their career. Sure, a lot of guys have fluke years and fall back to earth with a dull thud. But Huff just seems to be gently gliding down. To where no one can tell. I lost faith and dumped him a few weeks ago.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Postby kaiser » Wed May 31, 2006 9:27 am

My point exactly. Just when he should be hittting his peak, he is instead plummeting.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 176)

Return to Baseball Leftovers