Return to Baseball Leftovers

quality Studs at a low price

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

quality Studs at a low price

Postby CadensDad » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:53 pm

Feel free to add to or take away from this list.

All Undrafted or drafted very low team!

C-B.McCann (ATL) This guy saw very, very few drafts most of them where NL only leagues. (Yahoo says he was only drafted in 20% of all leagues) His power isn’t that great but his RBI is decent and his AVG is great.
Other Candidates-
Estrada (ARI)

1B- Swisher (OAK) As of right now he is the biggest bargain at 1B. No one saw these numbers at this stage in the year. I don’t think he will keep it up either. (Yahoo says he was drafted on average around the 17th round)

Other-
Thome (White Sox)
Tracy (ARI)

2B-Uggla (FLA) Dan is shocking a lot of fantasy guys. His numbers aren’t that great but considering he went undrafted all together and was a FA he is quite a easy steal.

Other-
Lopez (SEA)
Lowell (Bos)

3B- Blake (CLE) Casey was only drafted in 10% of all leagues and he wasn’t even considered a smart pick then. He stats aren’t the best but are pretty good. He has a nice avg with a few sb and puts up numbers in all of the 5 category’s.

Other-
Youkilis (Bos)
Wiggins (SF)

SS- Hanley Ramirez (FLA) WOW! that’s the only word to describe this kids skills. Undrafted in Yahoo leagues a pure stud and look’s like he could post up 50 SB with a above .300 AVG and 10-15 homers. A nice steal off the FA market.

Others-
Cabrera (LAA)
Vizquel (SF)

OF-Rios (TOR) Undrafted stud right now. Not a personal fan here but respect the numbers so far. A nice way to make your team climb in the rankings if you grabbed him when he first got hot. He looks serious and could be a big player for the rest of the year.

OF- Patterson (Bal) Another man who went undrafted for the main part. Easily on pace for 50 SB with 25 Homers

OF-Gomes (TB) He was drafted in most Yahoo leagues but not until the 16th round or so. He is proving to be a nice late round pick up and look’s to be a big time future stud.

Others-
Byrnes (ARI)
DYE (CHW)
Kearns (CIN)

SP- Mussina (NYY) One of the top pitchers in the league and no signs of slowing down. Drafted on average in the 15th round and is playing like a 2nd round stud. I could see him contending for the Cy Young this year at this rate and I hope he does.

Sp-Glavine (NYM) Wasn’t drafted much and if he was it was rounds 16 and later. Has came back to his old ways of just pitching solid baseball. He was grabbed up on FA after his 1st start in most leagues and the owners are loving it from him to.

RP-Papelbon (BOS) WOW! Undrafted from top to bottom. When Bos made that call to the bullpen and Papelbon came out the free agent list went crazy with Papelbon being snatched up like crazy. He has proved to be a STUD and look’s to be the new full time closer for BOS.

RP- Gordon (PHI) Yes he was drafted around the 13th round in most leagues. But no one and I mean NO ONE could see numbers like this from him. Very nice CP to have got your hands on and could be the best in the league.

P- Arroyo (CIN) Boston fans are missing him already. We all knew he’d be a big time player one day. But no one thought it’d be the week after he left Boston. He has ice numbers across the board and went undrafted for the main part of it. He was seen in a few drafts but went in the 17th round and below

Others-
Harang (CIN)
Verlander (Det)
Rogers(Det)
Baez (LAD)
“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby oulevon » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:01 pm

I'd add Nomar and D. Lowe.
oulevon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The_Met_Threat » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:22 pm

Brandon webb... or was he taken really early in yahoo for some reason?
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -20)

Postby CadensDad » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:32 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:Brandon webb... or was he taken really early in yahoo for some reason?

Webb was taken as high as the 7th round in some drafts, kinda surprised me. I saw him go around 10 in some of mine.

Nomar was drafted in every league and in most leagues went in a decent round. His numbers arent that great considering where he was drafted.

Lowe isn't that great. his numbers as of late are better than what they where but they still aren't that great.
“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -38)

Postby benjapage » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:33 pm

hey, i drafted papelbon.

good post, though.

who's this wiggins character?

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -30)

Postby DK » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:35 pm

benjapage wrote:who's this wiggins character?

I don't know but apparently he is very well-liked...

Oh, and bovine.
Last edited by DK on Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -456)

Postby pokeyjoe » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:36 pm

How do you find these numbers-percentages of leagues drafted, average round?
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
pokeyjoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -29)

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:38 pm

Nice list ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)

Postby George_Foreman » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:44 pm

McCann was very underrated coming in. I've been saying for a few months now, he's the best C in the NL. He's hurt at the moment, and impatient owners may have dropped him. Don't waste time adding him.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -9)

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:51 pm

I just got an email with the same subject line as this thread...maybe I'll check it out and see if it has to do with fantasy baseball.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -11)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers