Return to Baseball Leftovers

Reggie Sanders might, just might, be a Hall of Famer!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby cards05 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:56 pm

I'm with ya kcs. I'm very hard on our hometown guys, but Ozzie is clearly a no-doubt hall of famer.
cards05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cards05 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:04 am

error
Last edited by cards05 on Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
cards05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cards05 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:04 am

error, sorry for the triple post.
cards05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Reggie Sanders might, just might, be a Hall of Famer!

Postby Matthias » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:03 am

Bosy Billups wrote:Okay, it's not Probable at all... but, look at career longevity and his overall numbers... not bad.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/473 ... ZnkgGFCLcF

There is probably worse in the HOF?!?

There's a difference beween having not bad numbers and having HOF numbers. Reggie Sanders will make it to the HOF the same way I do: with the $5 at the door.

Sorry, man, but this is simply absurd. I've been a baseball fan of varying degrees throughout Reggie Sanders' career (granted: not in the cities that he's played in) but never, ever, ever have I thought, "Hey, Reggie Sanders? He's ******** awesome!!!!"
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -34)

Postby blankman » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:33 am

Bernie Williams has played as many seasons as Sanders and has better numbers, including 4 Gold Gloves, a Silver Slugger, and a batting title, none of which Sanders has, and even he is very unlikely to make the Hall.

Bernie's also got 3 more rings and 4 more All-Star appearances.

Simply, Sanders has no chance.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -211)

Postby FalcoAtL » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:17 am

kcs261 wrote:Hey, I'm from St. Louis and am hard on home-town guys. We got totally ripped on the Mulder deal and I wouldn't touch him on any fantasy team. Sidney Ponson is a big fat piece of lard who should be carrying Anthony Reyes' jock to the stadium each day -- same thing with Marquis.

But Ozzie Smith was clearly a Hall-of-Famer, just because of his defense. The guy was simply amazing. He made plays that nobdoy else has ever made since.

While the career hitting numbers aren't great, the guy was CLUTCH -- clutch like D. Jeter.

Don't diss on the Wizard. :-)

I thought we were talking about Reggie? :-?
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby WittyC » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:24 am

kcs261 wrote:Hey, I'm from St. Louis and am hard on home-town guys. We got totally ripped on the Mulder deal and I wouldn't touch him on any fantasy team. Sidney Ponson is a big fat piece of lard who should be carrying Anthony Reyes' jock to the stadium each day -- same thing with Marquis.

But Ozzie Smith was clearly a Hall-of-Famer, just because of his defense. The guy was simply amazing. He made plays that nobdoy else has ever made since.

While the career hitting numbers aren't great, the guy was CLUTCH -- clutch like D. Jeter.

Don't diss on the Wizard. :-)

He got voted in for backflips and a play he made with the Padres. Oh, and you and the rest of the Redbird fans need to stop spamming the AS voting, thank you very much! ;-7

Back OT, if Reggie Sanders was voted into the HoF I think Ron Santo would go suicide-bomber on Cooperstown.

:-b
Is there anything fluffier than a cloud?
If there is, I don't want to know about it.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Re: Reggie Sanders may be in the Hall of Fame!

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:03 am

TheYanks04 wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:Okay, it's not Probable at all... but, look at career longevity and his overall numbers... not bad.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/473 ... ZnkgGFCLcF

There is probably worse in the HOF?!?

Yes...there names are Ozzie Smith and Bill Mazeroski.

&&&&&&&&&& Phil Rizzuto!!!!!
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 24)

Postby BobbyRoberto » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:20 am

One of the worst arguments for saying a player is a Hall of Famer is to say, "Well, there are worse players already in the Hall of Fame." If they wanted to sweep in all the players who are better than the worst players already in, they'd have to build a whole new building and re-name the Hall of Fame to the Hall of Players Who Didn't Totally Suck.

There have been numerous errors in the past in which players were inducted to the Hall of Fame, mostly by the Old Timer's Committees, but that doesn't mean the standards should be lowered to the level of those stupid mistakes.

The more scrubs they let in, the more devalued the whole thing gets. At some point, they'll need to create the Super Hall of Fame for guys like Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Hank Aaron, Walter Johnson--the true immortals. Then the regular Hall of Fame can have the scrubs like Phil Rizzuto, George Kell, etc. Finally, they could build the Hall of Crap and put in the Cubs SS-2B combo of Neifi Perez and Tony Womack.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: -13)

Postby DK » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:45 pm

Guys, you should know not to take Yanks04 seriously... The sad thing is that I think he actually believes what he says half the time.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -456)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers