Return to Baseball Leftovers

Reggie Sanders might, just might, be a Hall of Famer!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:34 pm

I want Andre Dawson in if Reggie were to get in for sticking around long enough.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -246)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:37 pm

Not a HOF but a great career none the less.

Hall of Fame is impressive but still my favorite player is Don Mattingly and on every level accept statistically he should be in the hall of fame.

Just cause he isn't in the hall doens't take away from an amazing career
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)

Postby NikkiSixx » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:41 pm

J35J wrote:
NikkiSixx wrote:
BANDINI wrote:Sanders never even made it through one whole season - 140 games was his career high and 505 at bats.
He is a great fantasy player no doubt, but a hall-of-famer??? That is a joke.

Not really a joke, 300 HR's and 300 steals is quite an accomplishment, I just dont see Sanders making it.

No really, its pretty much a joke. Reggie has been a "good" player for a long time. Never has he even really had any "really good" seasons, (maybe 2), let alone great, which is what you should be to make the Hall.

1 season over a .300 avg (.306)
2 seasons at/over 30 HR (33 high)
3 seasons at/over .900 OPS

NO season of 100+ RBI or Runs

No where near a hall of fame career!!

Jason

I said I dont see him making it, but he does have 300 HR's and 300 SB's, and that is quite an accomplishment. I could see him being considered, but I can never see him actually making it. I really hope guys like Bernie Williams and Jim Edmonds make it though.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 368)

Postby Tavish » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:02 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:I said I dont see him making it, but he does have 300 HR's and 300 SB's, and that is quite an accomplishment. I could see him being considered, but I can never see him actually making it. I really hope guys like Bernie Williams and Jim Edmonds make it though.

I doubt he is ever even considered. The 300-300 club is exclusive, but isn't a milestone the Hall cares much for. Of the 6 members only two, Mays and (eventually) Barry Bonds, are Hall of Famers.
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -510)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:06 pm

Tavish wrote:
NikkiSixx wrote:I said I dont see him making it, but he does have 300 HR's and 300 SB's, and that is quite an accomplishment. I could see him being considered, but I can never see him actually making it. I really hope guys like Bernie Williams and Jim Edmonds make it though.

I doubt he is ever even considered. The 300-300 club is exclusive, but isn't a milestone the Hall cares much for. Of the 6 members only two, Mays and (eventually) Barry Bonds, are Hall of Famers.

Isn't Bobby Bonds on that list?
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Tavish » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:09 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Tavish wrote:

Yep. Bonds X 2, Mays, Dawson, Sanders, Finley.
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -510)

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:18 pm

reggie is a nice ball player but he doesnt belong in the HOF. not the official major league baseball hall of fame anyway. perhaps he belongs in the ray lankford wing of the hall of fame.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -292)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:02 pm

Tavish wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Tavish wrote:

Is Bobby not in the Hall?
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:10 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Tavish wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Tavish wrote:

It's not that hard to look it up yourself :-D

no, he's not
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -246)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:15 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Tavish wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Tavish wrote:

It's not that hard to look it up yourself :-D

no, he's not

You are being mean to me today.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext