Return to Baseball Leftovers

Carl Crawford Power Surge

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Carl Crawford Power Surge

Postby willy-t » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:06 pm

As predicted, it's happening, 9HR on the year now, and 20+SBs. Top 5 pick next year? He could easily finish .320/25/100 with 60SBs

8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o
willy-t
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 675
(Past Year: -6)
Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Double Play Ball » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:09 pm

Oh yea this kid is a freak of nature. Awesome speed great eye, can hit for power. Yes i do believe he hsa the skill for a top 5 player next year.
Image
Double Play Ball
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3517
(Past Year: -10)
Joined: 8 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pangbones » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:14 pm

I agree. I drafted him last year and this year, both times in the early part of the 2nd round. Last year, I told my league that he would be a 25 HR guy in 2 years. A month ago that looked far fetched, but he is stroking the ball now. His wrist was bothering him early in the year, so I think that took some of his power away. Crawford and Beltran are the only 2 guys that can give you big time steals, and power. ;-D
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 4334
(Past Year: -3)
Joined: 8 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lansing, MI

Postby johnsamo » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:23 pm

Odds are, he gets fewer steals in the coming years, either age and or moving into the heart of the lineup because of his power will curb his steals...

Not a guarantee though... Some fast guys don't lose their wheels that much. He's so fast now though, that even if he loses a step, he can still get a lot just by being smart on when he runs.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1797
(Past Year: -29)
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Los Angeles

Postby DevilDriver » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:33 pm

johnsamo wrote:Odds are, he gets fewer steals in the coming years, either age and or moving into the heart of the lineup because of his power will curb his steals...

he's 24

there's no reason to assume that his SB pace will slow down in the coming years
Image
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3381
(Past Year: -50)
Joined: 4 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beast mode

Postby hybrid » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 pm

DevilDriver wrote:
johnsamo wrote:Odds are, he gets fewer steals in the coming years, either age and or moving into the heart of the lineup because of his power will curb his steals...

he's 24

there's no reason to assume that his SB pace will slow down in the coming years


It's already slowed down some from the years when he stole 60. He had 46 last year and has said he is trying to be more smart about running and not going all the time now. Also another reason is with him batting 2nd, there are more times when Lugo will be in front of him and not letting him steal 2nd.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 6079
(Past Year: -28)
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: miles away from the unordinary

Postby CadensDad » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:01 pm

pangbones wrote:I agree. I drafted him last year and this year, both times in the early part of the 2nd round. Last year, I told my league that he would be a 25 HR guy in 2 years. A month ago that looked far fetched, but he is stroking the ball now. His wrist was bothering him early in the year, so I think that took some of his power away. Crawford and Beltran are the only 2 guys that can give you big time steals, and power. ;-D


soriano gives you power and speed as well. So far in 06 it's 24-15, Past few years it's

36-30
28-18
38-35
39-41

but Beltran and Crawford are 2 more! I think Bay has the ability to do it. Last year he was 32-21, So far this year the speed isn't there as much. Hopefully he gets to running a bit more
“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5939
(Past Year: -38)
Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Red Sox Nation » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:09 pm

Seems to have the ability of Alfonso Soriano, fast and can hit for power. A nice 5 tool stud.
Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 379
(Past Year: -8)
Joined: 11 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pangbones » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:11 pm

CadensDad wrote:
pangbones wrote:I agree. I drafted him last year and this year, both times in the early part of the 2nd round. Last year, I told my league that he would be a 25 HR guy in 2 years. A month ago that looked far fetched, but he is stroking the ball now. His wrist was bothering him early in the year, so I think that took some of his power away. Crawford and Beltran are the only 2 guys that can give you big time steals, and power. ;-D


soriano gives you power and speed as well. So far in 06 it's 24-15, Past few years it's

36-30
28-18
38-35
39-41

but Beltran and Crawford are 2 more! I think Bay has the ability to do it. Last year he was 32-21, So far this year the speed isn't there as much. Hopefully he gets to running a bit more


You're right. I didn't even think of Soriano. I agree that Bay has the ability, and if he wanted to, he probably could steal 30 bags a year. But he doesn't run much, at least he hasn't thus far. He did steal 16 of his 21 after the ASB last year, so he still could get 20+ this year.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 4334
(Past Year: -3)
Joined: 8 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lansing, MI

Postby CadensDad » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:32 pm

pangbones wrote:
CadensDad wrote:
pangbones wrote:I agree. I drafted him last year and this year, both times in the early part of the 2nd round. Last year, I told my league that he would be a 25 HR guy in 2 years. A month ago that looked far fetched, but he is stroking the ball now. His wrist was bothering him early in the year, so I think that took some of his power away. Crawford and Beltran are the only 2 guys that can give you big time steals, and power. ;-D


soriano gives you power and speed as well. So far in 06 it's 24-15, Past few years it's

36-30
28-18
38-35
39-41

but Beltran and Crawford are 2 more! I think Bay has the ability to do it. Last year he was 32-21, So far this year the speed isn't there as much. Hopefully he gets to running a bit more


You're right. I didn't even think of Soriano. I agree that Bay has the ability, and if he wanted to, he probably could steal 30 bags a year. But he doesn't run much, at least he hasn't thus far. He did steal 16 of his 21 after the ASB last year, so he still could get 20+ this year.


I didnt know he got the 16 after the ASB. Thats awesome news, I just drafted him in my keeper league and landed Beltran as well, 2 5 tool studs like that! (Well 1 5 tool and 1 4 and 1/2 tool) Too bad for Bay he is stuck on the Pirates. Plus they are ripping him off. Maybe he will hold out and either A.)Get a better deal, or B.) Get traded to a contender. Either way I think he is a long term big time player
“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5939
(Past Year: -38)
Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests

cron