Return to Baseball Leftovers

Carl Crawford Power Surge

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:31 am

i want to go dig up all the "what's wrong with Crawford, he's a bust" threads
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -115)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:08 am

The Loveable Losers wrote:
DK wrote:You guys want to talk about running teams, and haven't mentioned the Mets yet?

Best SB%, most SB in the majors?

Yeah...don't think he's going there though. I definitely wouldn't like the prospects of that power getting eaten in Shea but the lineup would be something to behold. The outfield is probably going to be Nady, Beltran, Milledge there though so no reason to trade for Crawford not to mention nothing really to give.

As for where Crawford would go I'd have to say I prefer the Rockies to the Angels. And it has nothing to do with Coors.

Think about the league. NL West. What teams are in the NL West? Dodgers...excellent catcher in Russ Martin. Giants...Mike Matheny...ok but not great anymore. But who's that catcher for the Padres? MIKE PIAZZA!!! :-L Carl Crawford would get to face Mike Piazza over and over again. That's just sick. ;-D

Oh no, I agree. There's little chance of him actually coming to the Mets, I was just saying for argument's sake.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -456)

Postby Secret Avatar » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:27 pm

"Your bottom line is strictly your opinion really, as I have disproved that their teams or parks are any better to make a real difference."

Ummm, no. Your opinion is that they are not any better to make a real difference. I explained why I disagree. You explained your position. You didn't prove or disprove anything.

At the end of the day, it most likely won't matter because I suspect Crawford stays where he is. TB signed him for a nice discount -- in my opinion -- and almost certainly would want something exceptional in return for trading that contract away.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -2)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:40 pm

I don't get how people say the rockies don't have pitching.

Francis and Kazmir used to be mentioned in the same sentance.

Francis is pitching really well but the Rockies need a CF and some speed.

If I were the rockies I'd look at something like this.

Francis and Ramon Ramirez for Crawford and McClung.

I think thats even.

But hey I'm not a rockies GM so whatever.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)

Postby hybrid » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:13 pm

Secret Avatar wrote:Ummm, no. Your opinion is that they are not any better to make a real difference. I explained why I disagree. You explained your position. You didn't prove or disprove anything.

Did you show why they were better with anything other then your opinion? Nope you never did, so in the end you spoke your opinion and I showed you why you didn't have a real case. Or are you still sticking by the Rockies as having "sharp home/road splits"?
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers