Return to Baseball Leftovers

Figgins - Still A Premium Keeper?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jzfran » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:21 am

I havent been watching his games (living on the east coast) but his average has been killing me. It seems though that lately he's been getting more HR/RBI than in years past???
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Drunken Rhino » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:38 am

I remember his value coming mostly as mainly a 2B. Or a speedy 3B/OF if you needed to make up games there. If he loses his 2B eligibility, then I'd say he is no longer a premium keeper. I can't think of a 2B right now w/ more speed than him right now and I think that's where his value, 40-50 SB and 100+ R from the 2B position, came into play.
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -5)

Postby slomo007 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:53 am

Without either 2b or SS eligiblity, I think he falls to 5-8th round value. As a 2b or SS, he is more of a 2-3 round value assuming he can get his average back up to the .290 or so range.

.290, 10 HRs, 110+ runs, 50+ steals. :-°

As a middle infielder, that's amazing. As a 3b or OF, that's still damn good.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:12 pm

acsguitar wrote:I'm not a big fan of him as a keeper anymore. But he's a great pick and player to have on anytime just because he can play anywhere...but without the 2B/3B eligbability which I think he is losing, 2B at least, he's not that great accept if you need lots of steals.

I guess it depends on what league you are in.

He only needs 2 more starts at 2B all season to keep his eligibility in Yahoo! leagues. That could happen.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:23 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:figgins is way 2 overated.. in my 16 team keeper league he went 18th overall.. and i thought that was crazy at the time.. i got jose reyes 24th overall and thought even at the beg of the season he was much better then figgins.. i guess hes just proving my point now.. jose reyes is the man 2 go for, this kids sick ;-D

You must be in a keeper league with morons. He went #113 overall in my 16-team mixed league keeper (to me, as my starting 2B). I chose him over Cano who went a few picks later. Interestingly, I got Jose Lopez at #593 overall and he's outperforming not only Figgins, but everyone but Soriano, Uggla, Utley and Bill Hall. Drafts are weird that way.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Big Game JLo » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:41 pm

teddyballgamemvp wrote:You must be in a keeper league with morons. He went #113 overall in my 16-team mixed league keeper...

Pick #113? 8-o
It's pretty obvious to me who's in the group with morons that allow Figgy to fall that far!
Big Game JLo
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers