Return to Baseball Leftovers

More screwed over prospects!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

More screwed over prospects!

Postby Sunspot » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:12 am

Don't get me wrong, I don't ever feel bad for profesional athletes. I post this because I don't understamd this new technique that the Major Leages is using on there prospects. I know there is financial issues that go along with when a guy is called up, arbitration clock? There are plenty of guys that should be called up right now to help their franchises, but teams are holding off. I guess they want to see if they are contenders or pretenders before they make their moves. If anyone can explain this phenomenon better, could you please post. I could make a contender out of AAA players.
Weaver (WTF)
Kendrick
Gordon
D. Young
Sowers
Drew
etc.
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mugrila » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:36 am

There is a lot more going on than just the financial aspect of this. Some of these players will benefit from staying in the minors to complete their development. Some, such as Gordon, can't do enough to help their teams this season so why rush them? Others like Weaver, Young, and possibly Kendrick are staying down long enough for the organization to make room on the major league roster via trades. (Basically showcasing the veterans to other teams.) These players will help out each organization, but that time has not yet come. For the most part each team knows how each player fits into the long term and short term plan.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
(Past Year: -70)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers