Return to Baseball Leftovers

Power hitting Prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:27 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
Absolutely Adequate wrote:I know people will think I'm crazy, but I think Hunter Pence will come up by the end of the year.

You are crazy :-D

to answer your question: here's my personal favorite. Ryan Shealy.

Yep ;-D

Ian Stewart if Helton goes down and Shealy is gone
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:30 pm

acsguitar wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Absolutely Adequate wrote:I know people will think I'm crazy, but I think Hunter Pence will come up by the end of the year.

You are crazy :-D

to answer your question: here's my personal favorite. Ryan Shealy.

Yep ;-D

Ian Stewart if Helton goes down and Shealy is gone

Stewart is only in AA and really hasn't done that well there. He won't come up this year, and he is a 3B anyways. If Shealy is gone and Helton is injured, you'd probably see Carlos Rivera. Its not going to happen anyways...
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -9)

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:16 pm

LaRoche for the Dodgers, Butler and Gordon (wouldn't be until September) for the Royals, Tulo and Stewart for the Rockies (also probably not until September if at all), Shealy if he gets traded from the Rockies would be the big ones off the top of my head.
Hope springs eternal
grows like ivy on the vine
then dies in the fall

--Haiku for a Cubs Fan, The Loveable Losers
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 235)

Postby hybrid » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:36 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:LaRoche for the Dodgers, Butler and Gordon (wouldn't be until September) for the Royals, Tulo and Stewart for the Rockies (also probably not until September if at all), Shealy if he gets traded from the Rockies would be the big ones off the top of my head.

He was injured diving for a ball and looks like he is going to have surgery. Will most likely to be out till next year some time.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:55 pm

hybrid wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:LaRoche for the Dodgers, Butler and Gordon (wouldn't be until September) for the Royals, Tulo and Stewart for the Rockies (also probably not until September if at all), Shealy if he gets traded from the Rockies would be the big ones off the top of my head.

He was injured diving for a ball and looks like he is going to have surgery. Will most likely to be out till next year some time.

Sounds like it wasn't as bad as they first thought on LaRoche:

LaRoche (shoulder) will try and rehabilitate his shoulder injury without surgery, the LA Times reports.

LaRoche, who suffered a slight tear of the labrum 12 days ago, has responded to rest and has begun a throwing program. Good news for the Dodgers' third baseman of the future.
Hope springs eternal
then dies in the fall

The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigken117 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:01 pm

Nobody's mentioned Brandon Wood why? I think he at least gets called up, but your leagues #1 waiver will probably claim him. Ditto Gordon.

If you're looking for less obvious choices, I think if Pence gets called up he plays his way into the everyday lineup. Scott Hairston (AZ) is currently on the DL but could surprise.
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/E/Jacoby-Ellsbury.shtml
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=24
http://twitter.com/#!/baseballcafe
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fantasy-Baseball-Cafe/117034715055181?sk=wall
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1076)

Postby SOUTHSIDE HITMEN » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:11 pm

garf112 wrote:
Niffoc4 wrote:Tim Dierkes wrote an article about power prospects on his blog RotoAuthority, he mentions:
Josh Fields
and
Howie Kendrick... but I don't remember the rest.

Love Josh Fields, but he is not ready for the bigs. I don't see Howie Kendrick as a huge power guy.

I like Fields too, but the Sox have no place to put him. I don't think he gets a call till Sept at best or they trade Crede ( never going to happen ).
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby hybrid » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:13 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:Sounds like it wasn't as bad as they first thought on LaRoche:

LaRoche (shoulder) will try and rehabilitate his shoulder injury without surgery, the LA Times reports.

LaRoche, who suffered a slight tear of the labrum 12 days ago, has responded to rest and has begun a throwing program. Good news for the Dodgers' third baseman of the future.

Ah, thanks for the info. Personally I'd just go ahead and have surgery on something like that. I can just see it coming back to hender him and then eventually having to go through with it anyways. But lets see if these doctors know what they are talking about. ;-)
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:23 pm

hybrid wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:Sounds like it wasn't as bad as they first thought on LaRoche:

Ah, thanks for the info. Personally I'd just go ahead and have surgery on something like that. I can just see it coming back to hender him and then eventually having to go through with it anyways. But lets see if these doctors know what they are talking about. ;-)

Yeah, I'm reserving judgment for now myself...but he's already on my keeper league minor league roster and I'm not in any leagues deep enough to need him other than that one so I'm kinda along for the ride already...just have to hope for the best. I just need him to be ready for '07. ;-D
Hope springs eternal
then dies in the fall

The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Purple Haze » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:29 pm

STEPHEN DREW ;-D