Return to Baseball Leftovers

Give up on Teixeira?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Give up on Teixeira?

Postby rentz » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:02 am

kemper5 wrote:I keep telling you guys throughout all these Teix messages.. He's nothing but a mediocre 25-28 HR, 85-95 RBI type guy this year. HE WILL NOT get past 32+ HR's or 100+ RBI.. He's a BUST this year.. Im just happy I dumped him for Ryan Howard back in April ;-D ;-D

i dont think he's a bust, but he certainly isnt playing like a first round pick.

i think 25-30hr's is possible, but not more than that. either way i wouldnt just drop the guy.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kemper5 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:05 am

rentz wrote:
kemper5 wrote:I keep telling you guys throughout all these Teix messages.. He's nothing but a mediocre 25-28 HR, 85-95 RBI type guy this year. HE WILL NOT get past 32+ HR's or 100+ RBI.. He's a BUST this year.. Im just happy I dumped him for Ryan Howard back in April ;-D ;-D

i dont think he's a bust, but he certainly isnt playing like a first round pick.

i think 25-30hr's is possible, but not more than that. either way i wouldnt just drop the guy.

Hey Rentz, look on the good side.. THe Rangers has a great shot at winning that division, and they are playing pretty good.. Go Rangers! ;-D
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WittyC » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:06 am

kemper5 wrote:I keep telling you guys throughout all these Teix messages.. He's nothing but a mediocre 25-28 HR, 85-95 RBI type guy this year (and he's have to go like 21 HR and 50+ RBI just to reach that in the 2nd half..YEAH RIGHT). HE WILL NOT get past 32+ HR's or 100+ RBI.. He's a BUST this year.. Im just happy I dumped him for Ryan Howard back in April ;-D ;-D

The same way that I always have to chip in and mention that the kid has been streaky since the day he stepped onto the field. Has everyone forgotten the 13 HR, 30 RBI July in '04 that marked his "breakout?" :-?

I'll admit that I wasn't on the boat of taking him in the first round this year, but he's the ultimate buy-low guy right now. He's going to go on a tear at some point during the season... you can bank on it. ;-D
Is there anything fluffier than a cloud?
If there is, I don't want to know about it.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Postby option245 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:07 am

The guy in my league dumped him and I immediately used my waiver to pick him up. I have Paul Konerko at first so I can afford to wait until that break out...at least I hope he has one this year :-o
option245
College Coach
College Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:41 am

He's a 2nd half guy ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)

Postby Fenway05 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:45 am

just completed a trade for him. I got TEX and R Johnson sent M Gonzalez, Rich Harden and Todd Helton. Pretty happy about it. Think Tex will have a huge 2nd half and RJ will put it together for some W's and K's for me. ;-D
"When you come to a fork in the road take it."
Fenway05
College Coach
College Coach

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:50 am

Fenway05 wrote:just completed a trade for him. I got TEX and R Johnson sent M Gonzalez, Rich Harden and Todd Helton. Pretty happy about it. Think Tex will have a huge 2nd half and RJ will put it together for some W's and K's for me. ;-D

That's a nice trade. ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby jlfn56 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:02 pm

Fenway05 wrote:just completed a trade for him. I got TEX and R Johnson sent M Gonzalez, Rich Harden and Todd Helton. Pretty happy about it. Think Tex will have a huge 2nd half and RJ will put it together for some W's and K's for me. ;-D

great trade! I commend you for knowing and believing in a proven stud. It's deals like that that help win leagues. It's good to see an owner that hasn't lost thier mind ;-D

At this point with Teix, you just have to forget about the first half of the season and ask yourself, is he going to play like a first rounder from here on out. If you have managed to stay close in the standings hang onto him and watch him propel you to the championship. What is the point in holding onto him through all the crap he has put up and then get rid of him and watch some one else benifit from your so called patience. He is a proven 2nd half stud after all of this you teix owners (including myself) continue to be patient and wait till he starts mashing. What he has done for you up till now is done and can't be reversed. Who cares if he finishes at 28-30 hrs and 100 rbis. a 2nd half like that will be huge for a team that's still hanging around. Sometimes you need to forget about the end results and focus on what is best for your team from now till playoff time. Good luck Teix owners I'm positive we will have the last laugh
jlfn56
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby jake_harv88 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:26 pm

THANK YOU jlfn56 and Fenway05. Glad to see some people haven't lost their minds yet. I 100% agree with jlfn56, you can't think about what hes done so far because none of that matters. All you have to think about is the future and whether or not he'll perform the way you want to. My bet is yes. I would bet my life savings on it. Awesome trade Fenway05. Harden is the ALs version of mark prior and its not like helton is having a huge year either. Kemper5 for Teix to reach your projects he only has to hit 17-20/40 rbis. He pretty much did that in one month a couple years back. Please stop talking if you are going to make wild accusations like that. Please point out the evidence that suggested he would tank this year??? I would really like to see it, because its not there. Hes 26 (entiring his prime), and has steadly increased his numbers over 3 years. What makes you so sure that he was going to tank yet guys with less track records like Bay and Wright weren't??? I dont think you belong in fantasy sports...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby GrubNasty » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:33 pm

i think this guys analysis is pretty dead on....

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.ph ... k-teixeira

but i would probably keep him and hope for that hot 2nd half...unless you can get a good deal where you sell the idea of great 2nd half...
GrubNasty
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers