Return to Baseball Leftovers

Give up on Teixeira?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:20 pm

I have to say, I feel pretty terrible. I think I must've drafted every stinking bust around.

I'm keeping them all, though. Tex, Figgins, Wilkerson, Peavy, Dunn, Beckett, etc.

At this point, I just have to see where they take me. I'm headed for a solid .500 finish. Ugh.
Absolutely Adequate
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -170)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:26 pm

If they were on steroids then why did they both do so well last year? It's the same policy this year as last year is it not? They were more than likely tested at some point last year.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:38 pm

Maybe he was using HGH last year and decided to clean himself up this season. Who knows. But he sure does look, walk and quack like a duck.

The guy has been AWFUL and is not even fantasy worthy in shallow mixed leagues at the position he plays. Bottom line is he is Beltraning owners this year and shows no signs of changing. Trade him if you can get decent value imo. It just is not worth standing by this guy anymore imo if you can get a 4th or 5th rounder in return. RIght now though, I doubt you can get a 4th or 5th rounder for him.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:41 pm

As much as it sucks to see Tex struggle like this, I got him for Brandon Webb and still have a stacked pitching staff, so I can't complain too bad. I'm in first by 13.5 points even with him.

He also just got a double off of Oswalt and started a good inning for Texas. add that to his 2 HR's, the one called foul, and the should have been game winning hit with the bases loaded and I'm still optimistic for a turnaround.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:45 pm

He has been getting doubles all season. A classic sign of warning track power. He is young too. If somene has a reason why a guy that hits 40+ Hrs one year suddenly has warning track power the next (outside roids obviously), feel free to let us know.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

Postby pangbones » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:44 am

TheYanks04 wrote:He has been getting doubles all season. A classic sign of warning track power. He is young too. If somene has a reason why a guy that hits 40+ Hrs one year suddenly has warning track power the next (outside roids obviously), feel free to let us know.

I'm pretty sure there have been plenty of guys that have hit 40 HR's one year, and not hit 40 the next.

There are still 3 months left, so a lot can still happen.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: -3)

Re: Give up on Teixeira?

Postby JTWood » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:12 am

jdsun1 wrote:Maybe you should shut your mouth...

Well, that was certainly rude and uncalled for.

:-t
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -255)

Postby A's » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:30 am

kemper5 wrote:
rentz wrote:
kemper5 wrote:I keep telling you guys throughout all these Teix messages.. He's nothing but a mediocre 25-28 HR, 85-95 RBI type guy this year. HE WILL NOT get past 32+ HR's or 100+ RBI.. He's a BUST this year.. Im just happy I dumped him for Ryan Howard back in April ;-D ;-D

i dont think he's a bust, but he certainly isnt playing like a first round pick.

i think 25-30hr's is possible, but not more than that. either way i wouldnt just drop the guy.

Hey Rentz, look on the good side.. THe Rangers has a great shot at winning that division, and they are playing pretty good.. Go Rangers! ;-D

The division is to be taken by the A's, but Teixeira is a bust, him and young stopped injected themself's with anabolic steroids, afraid it will erase their last one year wonder season. Rangers could be leading the division if teixeira and young played like last year, but looks like thats not going to happen
A's
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -7)

Postby rainman23 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:04 am

JTWood wrote:
jdsun1 wrote:Maybe you should shut your mouth...

Well, that was certainly rude and uncalled for.

:-t

Yeah, class act jdsun1. Oh, and this insightful quote:

jdsun1 wrote:Whomever drafted him cannot possibly be having that great of a season because he was a first round pick.

Naive view of the fantasy experience. I got about two decent months combined out of my top 2 choices last year, and still won my league. If you draft a solid team top to bottom this kind of failure isn't the end of the world. Your own current experience ought to tell you this -- you're not dead despite being a Teixiera and Sexson owner. So maybe you should...
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -8)

Postby rentz » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:10 am

A's wrote:The division is to be taken by the A's, but Teixeira is a bust, him and young stopped injected themself's with anabolic steroids, afraid it will erase their last one year wonder season. Rangers could be leading the division if teixeira and young played like last year, but looks like thats not going to happen

the entire division will be a tight race with the mariners sneaking up.
and its an exaggeration to say young and teizeira were on roids.
last seasons testing was the same as this seasons, and neither guy has shown any of the signs of being a roider. and also the entire teams hr's are down. was the entire team shooting eachother up?
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -2)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers