Return to Baseball Leftovers

Any Players You Won't Own on Principle?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:40 pm

demoflauchy wrote:
Madison wrote: I agree to add "opportunists" to the list. :-D

Opportunists??? Now that's funny :-D

I was told that "cheater" was a strong word when I was describing Bonds standing over the line of the batters box toward the plate. A suggestion was made that I use "opportunist" instead. :-D

Basically, it's just become a joke for me to use "opportunist" instead of "cheater". :-b I actually chuckle any time I hear or see the word "cheater" now. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BeautifulBrunette » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:19 pm

Wil Cordero.

Any guy who has been arrested for fighting at strip clubs. LOL :-D
BeautifulBrunette
College Coach
College Coach

Postby d18Mike » Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:33 pm

I'd add those making self-righteous personal PR statements masquerading as genuine conern for their team ... such as this recent nugget which I guarantee we will hear trotted out by every player hereafter who invokes a no-trade clause.

.... Palmerio after vetoing a trade (he has a no trade clause.) "It just wouldn't be fair to the other players on this team who have worked so hard. It's not the right move for this organization ."
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Postby Juhlz » Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:47 pm

I love the "jurassic" Carl comment! There is only one player I would not have on my team. This person is the very definition of a pussycat. I can say that right, as long as I add cat to the end? If this guy was in the NL he would have no teeth, would be walking with a limp and would only be able to see out of one eye after he was retaliated upon. The ONLY reason this little girl is such a JERK is because he does not have to pick up a bat. PICK UP A BAT PEDRO!
I don't care if this punk struck out 21 every night of the week and won 40 games, he would not be on my team, fantasy or otherwise. That's my pedro rant for the day. No offense BoSox fans!

ps. R Alomar would be on my all bad ass team.

How about an all sweetpants team:
Alomar
Baerga
Pedro
Bonds
Lofton
Juhlz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:08 am

Surfs up wrote:I would not take Raul Mondessi. Since his rookie season what has he done? He is a .260 hitter and has NEVER had a 100 rbi season.Yet when in the American league he would always go for big bucks at the draft with the owners hoping for a break out season and always getting let down.

Some quick points. One, hes a career 276 hitter. You are nitpicking over rbis. Hes had 99 before. Had he gotton 1 more rbi, would that matter? Rbis are team depenent, and he spent 7 years in a hitters graveyard, in bad offenses in LA. Hes not the guy he was true. He used to be valueable in fantasy, 2 30/30 years. His rookie year was far from his best btw.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:11 am

Here's my take. Anyone who refuses to have a player over character, etc., other then bad stats, isnt serious about winning, and is probably wasting their time. You arent inviting them over for dinner. Fantasy is about numbers, and numbers only. Names and personalities are immaterial.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby d18Mike » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:43 am

I disagree. I've finished first a couple times while purposely avoiding certain players. Sure, it's fun to win, but I also like to relate to my team on some level. It makes the season more interesting.

But I can relate to a pure numbers strategy to. It's yet another approach.

It all goes to your motivation for playing.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Re: Wow!

Postby wrveres » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:23 am

wow .. a vast array of opinions here, But I think Hootie has it right. IMO
HOOTIE wrote:Here's my take. Anyone who refuses to have a player over character, etc., other then bad stats, isnt serious about winning, and is probably wasting their time. You arent inviting them over for dinner. Fantasy is about numbers, and numbers only. Names and personalities are immaterial.

If JD Drew, JT Snow and Adam Dunn (my least favorite paycheck collectors) turned into baseball players all of the sudden, I would probably try and aquire them too ...
Well not JD, definetly not JD, He is a useless punk. Come to think of it, so is Adam Dunn. And then I can't have JT cus' League Rules say that if a player named JT is on your roster .... you lose.
Nope wouldn't own any of them. Why? because of moral reasons, MINE :-)

Madison wrote:Why don't the Dallas Cowboys use a huddle for offense?

None of them are allowed to have contact with known criminals! 8-o Rofl. :-D

LMAO ... three Cowboys are riding in a car ... who is driving?

The Police ... :-)

Madison wrote:
I agree to add "opportunists" to the list. :-D

LMAO ... you would...

BeautifulBrunette wrote:Wil Cordero.
Any guy who has been arrested for fighting at strip clubs. LOL :-D

Agreed, Here is the team for next year ..

1B Cordero..
2B Alomar the Spitter
SS Lugo the wife Beater
3B we are in desperate need of a morally wrong 3B, anybody? Shame we can't use Ken Cokenetti
OF Sammy the cheater ...
OF
OF

SP .. Roger (obvious reason's)
SP .. Pedro (see above)

Good Start ... w
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby DK » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:34 pm

how about:

mark prior for the bonds incident

torii hunter for throwing the ball at the pitcher (least i think it was hunter...can't remember now)

in basketball, how about anyone on the portland trailblazers? i mean, come on. their first round draft pick was named Travis Outlaw!

funnily enough, outlaw's dad is a chief of police. :-D

"Hello Chief Outlaw..."
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -456)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers