Return to Baseball Leftovers

SuperVlad

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby G-Man » Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:46 pm

hopefully that sprained ankle he suffered in the outfield last night didn't swell up after the game....we'll have to see if he plays at 1 today or not.
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Reloaded » Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:52 pm

Vlad will be going to Boston. It's a done deal.
Reloaded
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PresHabib » Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:01 pm

Reloaded wrote:Vlad will be going to Boston. It's a done deal.

???????????

And sinicalypse? Are you saying that fans in Boston and New York dont love their teams? I can't speak for New Yorkers, but as a Sox fan (im in rhode island about 45 minutes out of boston...im hardly a bostonian but im close enough to be a red sox local) You should see the passion that people feel for the Sox. The media is different, new Englang writers are skeptical and judgmental, assuming any 3 game losing streak means look to next year. But you talk to anybody in Boston about the Sox and just see what people say. These people are pasionate and they, myself wholeheartedly included, live and die by the Red Sox.

Of course, if thats NOT what you were saying, completley disregard what i just said :-D
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ramble2 » Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:11 pm

PresHabib wrote:
Reloaded wrote:Vlad will be going to Boston. It's a done deal.

???????????

And sinicalypse? Are you saying that fans in Boston and New York dont love their teams? I can't speak for New Yorkers, but as a Sox fan (im in rhode island about 45 minutes out of boston...im hardly a bostonian but im close enough to be a red sox local) You should see the passion that people feel for the Sox. The media is different, new Englang writers are skeptical and judgmental, assuming any 3 game losing streak means look to next year. But you talk to anybody in Boston about the Sox and just see what people say. These people are pasionate and they, myself wholeheartedly included, live and die by the Red Sox.

Of course, if thats NOT what you were saying, completley disregard what i just said :-D

Pres: I don't think anyone thinks that Red Sox fans don't love their team. I do know of one group in Boston that might complain about the Red Sox fans - the Red Sox players! Red Sox fans are so passionate about the game, and follow each game so closely, that every player's mistake is in the spotlight. Some of the ESPN announcers were talking about how it always takes some time for new Red Sox players to adjust to playing in such an intense spotlight. If it's true that Vlad is a shy, quiet guy, then he may want to avoid Boston and New York. Not because the fans aren't passionate, but because they are SO passionate! If you do good, you are king of the world, but if you screw up at all, then you hear it everywhere.
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -6)

Postby PresHabib » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:22 pm

Oh...well I was only trying to defend what may have been an implication that sox fans dont love their team..of course I did add in the disclaimer that if I was wrong about it to disregard. Also, sorry if this was unclear, but my thing about Vlad at the beginning of my post wasn't about Vlad coming to Boston. All those ?marks were for Reloaded who said Vlad was comin to bean town because I, like you, know Vlad is a quiet shy guy. I don't expect to see Vlad in a million years in a Red Sox uniform for that reason. I actually said in a HUGE expos thread a while back how I thought he would wind up in Kansas City, San Fransisco, Baltimore (as peter gammons says) or stay in Montreal.

That thing about players complaining about fans. That was actually somebody misquoting Kevin Millar who took a shot at the media (who often times are very pessimistic about the sox), who then used their creative powers to turn it into Millar taking a shot at the fans, when in reality I don't think anybody could be happier to be in a red sox uni then he is. As far as other fan blasts from the players, I havent heard anything, so i wont comment on them.

I appreciate your acknowledgemnt that we are passionate fans :-D
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ramble2 » Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:19 pm

PresHabib wrote:Oh...well I was only trying to defend what may have been an implication that sox fans dont love their team..of course I did add in the disclaimer that if I was wrong about it to disregard. Also, sorry if this was unclear, but my thing about Vlad at the beginning of my post wasn't about Vlad coming to Boston. All those ?marks were for Reloaded who said Vlad was comin to bean town because I, like you, know Vlad is a quiet shy guy. I don't expect to see Vlad in a million years in a Red Sox uniform for that reason. I actually said in a HUGE expos thread a while back how I thought he would wind up in Kansas City, San Fransisco, Baltimore (as peter gammons says) or stay in Montreal.

I'm with you on that...

PresHabib wrote:That thing about players complaining about fans. That was actually somebody misquoting Kevin Millar who took a shot at the media (who often times are very pessimistic about the sox), who then used their creative powers to turn it into Millar taking a shot at the fans, when in reality I don't think anybody could be happier to be in a red sox uni then he is. As far as other fan blasts from the players, I havent heard anything, so i wont comment on them.

I appreciate your acknowledgemnt that we are passionate fans :-D

Good to know about the Millar quote! I think that's probably what had influenced me, so it's good to know what's up!
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -6)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers