Return to Baseball Leftovers

Theo Epstein

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nsulham » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:10 am

teddyballgamemvp wrote:
byfrcp wrote:Well passed balls are only passed balls when there are men on base. But I won't get started on why I think knuckleballers end up hurting their teams in the end.

You're talking about a guy who was a Grady Little senior moment away from being the 2003 ALCS MVP.

Agreed. I think Red Sox fans tend to forget how he carried that team in that series. He was almost unhittable right up until the very end.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Strasil42 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:52 pm

You can watch the video here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcwSMJ3L ... %20yankees

It is very classy.

:-) :-)
Last edited by Strasil42 on Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -53)

Postby nsulham » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:29 pm

I knew that was coming. Classy :-t

The point is Wakefield had a heck of an ALCS that year and it's a shame he's only remembered for that last home run.

It's also a shame that classless members like yourself need to interject with that kind of stuff :-t
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -38)

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:46 pm

nsulham wrote:I knew that was coming. Classy :-t

The point is Wakefield had a heck of an ALCS that year and it's a shame he's only remembered for that last home run.

It's also a shame that classless members like yourself need to interject with that kind of stuff :-t

He's just mad that his team set a baseball record no team can ever take from them-- losing 4 straight in a 7 game series after being up 3-0. The Yankees will never have their names erased from that list, they will only have other teams join them.
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:48 pm

Strasil42 wrote:Image

Nice to see you're still involved exclusively in threads involving the Yankees and/or Red Sox, and still generally just being a troll. Let the good times roll. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Kurtangletn » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:45 pm

No kidding I dont think i've seen a post by him that doesn't have that quality.

How about giving theo some credit?

1. Loretta has been great, and he aquired him for in turn josh bard (coco trade) and a prospect. Not exactly terrible.

2. He took a risk with Gonzo and its paid off greatly, hes hitting pretty well and the defense has been UNREAL

The Willy mo trade was good at the time, you gain a guy who could take over for Nixon next year and has raw power, a guy with true potential for a guy who showed that he is nothing more then a mediocre pitcher who wouldnt have started the year in the rotation.

Its unfair to look at a trade and then not look at the thought process at the time.
"This flag dips to no earthly king."
Kurtangletn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DK » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:47 pm

rmande09 wrote:Beckett... If he ever learns to pitch, watch out.

I know what you meant by this but out of context I found it really funny. :-D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -456)

Postby davidmarver » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:58 pm

1. Loretta has been great, and he aquired him for in turn josh bard (coco trade) and a prospect. Not exactly terrible.

A prospect? Cla Meredith has been freaking unhittable this year. Just threw 1.2 scoreless innings in Coors lowering his ERA to 1.93. And you guys flip about hearing Hansen rumors, yet a 23 year old who has been dominating this season is still known as a 'prospect'.

Loretta has a -4 BRAA and -2 FRAA...Bard is at 16 BRAA and 3 FRAA.

So, no, that wasn't a good trade on Epstein's part.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -328)

Postby Kurtangletn » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:03 am

davidmarver wrote:

A prospect? Cla Meredith has been freaking unhittable this year. Just threw 1.2 scoreless innings in Coors lowering his ERA to 1.93. And you guys flip about hearing Hansen rumors, yet a 23 year old who has been dominating this season is still known as a 'prospect'.

Loretta has a -4 BRAA and -2 FRAA...Bard is at 16 BRAA and 3 FRAA.

So, no, that wasn't a good trade on Epstein's part.
Bard just simply didn't work for the Sox. It's a simple as that.

Cla was a prospect when we traded him, he came up, Francona put him in a bases loaded situation he gave up a grand slam. That and a couple other apperances that I can't remember (pretty sure they weren't good) he really just showed us nothing.

I'd like to see how well he would do here, with pressure, teams that can actually hit, and a hitters park.
"This flag dips to no earthly king."
Kurtangletn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby davidmarver » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:14 am

Kurtangletn wrote:Bard just simply didn't work for the Sox. It's a simple as that.

You could have played him at second, as ridiculous as that sounds, and he could have come away with a -21 FRAA (ridiculously horrible) and still would have been more valuable than Loretta this season BRAA+FRAA wise. Bard's RC/27 this season is 10.1. Loretta's is 5.4.
Cla was a prospect when we traded him, he came up, Francona put him in a bases loaded situation he gave up a grand slam. That and a couple other apperances that I can't remember (pretty sure they weren't good) he really just showed us nothing.

He showed you nothing because you gave him 2.1 freaking innings. He was 22 when you guys traded him; talk about a quick trigger.

I'd like to see how well he would do here, with pressure, teams that can actually hit, and a hitters park.

Because pitching for a team that just reclaimed the division lead, while every team in the division is closer to first than the Minnesota Twins are isn't a pressure situation. And, as to the ballpark, he's given up 1 run in 10.1 road innings, allowing just 6 baserunners.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -328)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers