Return to Baseball Leftovers

Theo Epstein

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Strasil42 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:58 pm

nsulham wrote:I knew that was coming. Classy :-t

The point is Wakefield had a heck of an ALCS that year and it's a shame he's only remembered for that last home run.

It's also a shame that classless members like yourself need to interject with that kind of stuff :-t

If only I could be as classy as you.

Lofunzo wrote:
nsulham wrote:Pour it on Jays.

Just wondering.......Is there a reason besides trying to start a fight that you troll Yankee threads??

You are obviously free to post wherever you want here but it seems that, lately, you make it a point to find every Yankee-related thread here. :-°

Gotta love the moderators doing their job.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -53)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:46 pm

Gotta love the moderators doing their job.

Did Blankman get banned?
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -328)

Postby thedude » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:56 pm

I think cla needs to pitch more than 14 innings before hisn value can be judged. Besides, the Red Sox have plenty of minor league MR prospects (Edgar Martinez, Hansen, Delcarmen, the other Paplebon, ect)
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)

Postby nsulham » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:09 pm

Strasil42 wrote:Gotta love the moderators doing their job.

Give me a break. That's the moderators job? Mistakenly calling out one person's post as trolling while not seeing that others also do the exact same thing? THAT'S what you think one of the moderators jobs is?

I'm sure they'll be glad to know you think that's their job. When are your little attempts to get one up on me going to end? Grow up dude. If the blatant hints on this page alone weren't enough for you to realize that people don't like you then you need to open your eyes.

Back to the topic.....please. Theo is without a doubt one of the top GM's in the game today and I hope he stays for as long as he wants.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -38)

Postby Kurtangletn » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:49 pm

davidmarver wrote:
Kurtangletn wrote:Bard just simply didn't work for the Sox. It's a simple as that.

You could have played him at second, as ridiculous as that sounds, and he could have come away with a -21 FRAA (ridiculously horrible) and still would have been more valuable than Loretta this season BRAA+FRAA wise. Bard's RC/27 this season is 10.1. Loretta's is 5.4.
Cla was a prospect when we traded him, he came up, Francona put him in a bases loaded situation he gave up a grand slam. That and a couple other apperances that I can't remember (pretty sure they weren't good) he really just showed us nothing.

He showed you nothing because you gave him 2.1 freaking innings. He was 22 when you guys traded him; talk about a quick trigger.

I'd like to see how well he would do here, with pressure, teams that can actually hit, and a hitters park.

Because pitching for a team that just reclaimed the division lead, while every team in the division is closer to first than the Minnesota Twins are isn't a pressure situation. And, as to the ballpark, he's given up 1 run in 10.1 road innings, allowing just 6 baserunners.
Yeah and while your at it lets make Bard pitch, and play 3rd, heck while why not of and 1st base. Try SS next year.

Sure it was a quick trigger, but we have 2 good RP prospects in Hansen and Delcarmen, that also was another point in him being traded.

SD < BOS Pressure, many players prove they can't handle it. Many think its the most in baseball because there aren't really any celebrities like NY, and almost everyone knows all the Sox.

I'm not saying it was a rip off but its worked out good for the Sox.
"This flag dips to no earthly king."
Kurtangletn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Theo Epstein

Postby Red Sox Nation » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:50 pm

teddyballgamemvp wrote:
byfrcp wrote:Hanley Ramirez and Annibel Sanchez for Lowell, Gonzolez, and Beckett: Hanley has been a great shortstop offensivley and defensivley and now Annibel is contribuating very well for the Marlins. Sure Beckett has 13 wins but any pitcher with a 4.77 ERA could have 13 wins with the Sox, Lowell has been decent but he is 33 years old... and Gonzalez is basically just for defense.

I'll ignore your spelling issues. The Red Sox gave up quality to get quality. They prefer having Gonzo at SS rather than Ramirez. They prefer Beckett to Sanchez (Sanchez is pitching in the NL, so you can raise his ERA quite a bit to comp Beckett). The price for Beckett was reasonable because the Red Sox could take on Lowell's horrible contract, but luckily, he's actually earning every penny of it this year (he makes about what Trot Nixon makes and is more important to the team's success than Trot). Theo would have had to give up MDC or Hansen, too, maybe more, to get Beckett without Lowell's contract. Gonzo was a FA signing, and wasn't a part of that trade. He just happened to be a former Marlin.

byfrcp wrote:Andy Marte for Coco Crisp and David Riske: Coco has shown that he isn't the leadoff hitter that people think he can be. And honestly he's not much better defensivly than Damon, and Riske well... meanwhile Marte looks to be coming up for Cleveland soon and has been ripping up the minors.

First, Coco only played about 2 weeks before he got hurt, but he looked good then. He won't be healed until next year. Regardless, the Red Sox didn't know that WMP would be available in trade to go in CF, so they acquired Coco. WMP + Marte would have been better than WMP + Coco. I agree.

byfrcp wrote:Bronson Arroyo for Wily Mo Pena: All Star Bronson Arroyo continues to thrive in the little league park that is Great American Ballpark, while Wily Mo Pena enjoys platooning and bad defense in Boston.

There is no way in hell Arroyo is ever an All Star in the AL. Arroyo would have been what he was coming into the season-- a 4th/5th starter. AL teams knew exactly how to get to him. The NL is a total joke and only they can make Arroyo look like Cy Young.

You summed it up quite well.
[url=http://omgitspeter.googlepages.com/home]My Graphics[/url]

Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -8)

Postby Strasil42 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:21 am

nsulham wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:Gotta love the moderators doing their job.

Give me a break. That's the moderators job? Mistakenly calling out one person's post as trolling while not seeing that others also do the exact same thing? THAT'S what you think one of the moderators jobs is?

I'm sure they'll be glad to know you think that's their job. When are your little attempts to get one up on me going to end? Grow up dude. If the blatant hints on this page alone weren't enough for you to realize that people don't like you then you need to open your eyes.

Haha, 3 Boston fans and a mets fan get all pissed and defensive when I post a picture of Aaron Boone.

Thats nothing new.

Also it was no mistake that he called you out. You act like your not guilty.

Btw Nsulham, stop acting like your some respected member. Moderators are calling you out for trolling and you are "calling people" out on message boards. You have been warned numerous times over the years by the moderators for childish behavior, so I would try taking your own advice for once.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -53)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:17 am

There has been more jabs at other posters then there has been posts about Epstein and his trades in this topic. :-t :-t
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -786)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers