Return to Baseball Leftovers

MacDougal blows another save

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MacDougal blows another save

Postby jdh » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:11 am

MacDougal blew another save in a critical game that the Royals need to win to move into a tie with the White Sox. That's now 8 blown saves on the year. I just don't understand why they let this guy go out there with the game on the line. He has to be the worst closer allowed to keep his job in a pennant race in the history of baseball. He belongs in the minor leagues.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bolts801 » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:04 am

had macdougal in both my leagues till this week.. i finally gave up on him. I feel ur pain. :(

I scored Riske from CLE, and Kolb from MIL. Granted they might not get a ton of save oppourtunities. but.......

those are 2 mediocre RP's that should do you justice in the last stint of the season im thinking.

I was able to do this ofcourse since Smoltz is on the DL now. (what a scam for us fantasy baseball players)

hehe

he could pitch if he had too.. they are just resting him... no more .. no less :)
"Before becoming rich and famous. Just try being rich first."

Bill Murray.
bolts801
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:00 pm

At least it was Arod who hit the home run off him....Teehee. ;-7
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Re: MacDougal blows another save

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:42 am

jdh wrote:MacDougal blew another save in a critical game that the Royals need to win to move into a tie with the White Sox. That's now 8 blown saves on the year. I just don't understand why they let this guy go out there with the game on the line. He has to be the worst closer allowed to keep his job in a pennant race in the history of baseball. He belongs in the minor leagues.

I cant remember who it was, but awhile back discussing al roy, some in here were touting wild thing as the roy for closing on a pennant contender. Hes Mitch Williams right handed.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby jdh » Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:45 am

That was me that suggested it, because at the time he had an ERA under 4.00 and was top 3 in the AL in saves. I never actually thought that he was a good pitcher in the least, but I thought that if his current results held, it would be difficult to deny him ROY. Right now though, with his ERA skyrocketing and the blown saves mounting, he's got no shot.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:09 am

jdh wrote:That was me that suggested it, because at the time he had an ERA under 4.00 and was top 3 in the AL in saves. I never actually thought that he was a good pitcher in the least, but I thought that if his current results held, it would be difficult to deny him ROY. Right now though, with his ERA skyrocketing and the blown saves mounting, he's got no shot.

I was right there with you jdh...I thought he had a shot earlier in the season...but with his recent demise he has lost his shot.... :-/
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -3266)

Return to Baseball Leftovers