Return to Baseball Leftovers

How realisticly will the twins beat the Chisox ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How realisticly will the twins beat the Chisox ?

Postby A's » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:10 am

This thread will be great. Minnesota has arguable the best 1-2 punch rotation in the majors. And a stella bullpen that makes the angels shields look right down dumb. Do you or your friends think minnesota will beat the Sox for the Wild Card or even Detroit for the Central Crown. Hunter is due to come back monday healthy.

I'ts looking good for the twins
A's
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:25 am

I don't think the Twins will catch up with the Tigers. Even with Hunter back their offense still isn't very good, and 9.5 games is a long, long way.

And as for the wild card...well first of all the Yankees are winning that right now, and eventually they are going to get Matsui and Sheffield back. I'd call them the favourites for the WC spot right now. However, with all of the White Sox's rotation struggles, I do think the Twins are a better team than Chicago. The Jays are 4.5 back, but they are going to have to do something special over the last 2 months of the season to make it.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)

Postby Surfs up » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:06 am

The Twins don't have enough hitting to catch the Tigers or win the WC. The Tigers have already beaten Liriano ay home. Santana could salvage Sundays game but the Tigers still come out winning tow of three no matter what.Until this weekend the Twins had been 37-12. Thats the best home record in baseball.I think the Tigers and Red Sox win the Div. and the Yankees win the WC. Should be a fun final two months.Hard to believe four months are already gone.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 718)

Postby winterball22 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:15 am

It should be a great finish. I would like to see the Twins, move Slowley for a bat ,and call up Garza. With Hunter comming back to the line up, and an addition of a good bat, and Garza, they can stay competitive. The Yankees have great bats, but their pitching is the question mark. They have no depth, and they need Johnson and Mussina to stay healthy down the stretch. I think the Yankees would be better served acquiring a starter, instead of chasing after Abreu.
I think the next two days will be huge for all teams involved in the race.
winterball22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bellings » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:26 pm

In my (slighty biased) opinion, I think the Twins will win the wild card. Liriano may have been beaten at home, but he still pitched well. And last night the Twins put up a lot of runs, they just couldn't quite take the lead. Both of those games could have gone either way. Yes, the Twins could use more power, but their team average over their winning stretch is something close to .350. When your guys are hitting like that, you don't need the long ball.

My bold prediction is that they will win the wild card, and with Santana, Liriano, and the wild-card luck, they will win it all. Afterall, wild card teams have been kicking backside in the postseason lately.
bellings
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby rmande09 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:52 pm

If the Twins beat the Tigers, it'll be pretty realistic. I don't think they can beat them unrealistically. Hell, I don't imagine any team in sports can unrealistically beat another.
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby BritSox » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:12 pm

Nah, I think they'll beat them in a completely unrealistic manner, with a walkoff inside-the-park homer from PH Johan Santana, during which he flies around the bases.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -43)
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby 405z06 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:45 pm

BritSox wrote:Nah, I think they'll beat them in a completely unrealistic manner, with a walkoff inside-the-park homer from PH Johan Santana, during which he flies around the bases.

Post of the day....LOLZ! That is realisticly crazy!
405z06
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Surfs up » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:48 pm

Its early and they are down 2-0 in the fifth. A sweep at home with both studs losing or at least not winning doden't bode well for the Twinkies. I think its safe to say the Tigers are for real and WILL win the Central going away.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 718)

Postby A's » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:50 pm

Ouch, losing two in a row against the rangers
A's
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -7)