Return to Baseball Leftovers

Carmona (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Young 8 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:46 pm

p32bars wrote:
Young 8 wrote:
cardsfan wrote:Carmona will be givin every chance and then some. This guy will be good for many years to come in the ninth. Be patient. ;-D ;-D

mmm......not so "good" in the Ninth vs Seattle

:-?

Well if you're that skeptical, drop him then, you're complaining about one bad inning after he has been lights out since his conversion from starter to reliever. He hasn't been used in over 5 days, I'm sure he had a bit of rust but it was his fault today walking a few guys leading to the hits he gave up. All you guys act like whatever others say on here is the holy grail and pimping a certain player means that player will perform night in and night out b/c so and so said they would. He'll have his share of lumps b/c he is a young pitcher, but I'm not dropping him or changing my outlook on him b/c of this game.

reliever & closer are 2 different jobs

[/u]
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby superslugger616 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:47 pm

he suckd bowls
superslugger616
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby p32bars » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:47 pm

Young 8 wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:He hadn't worked in a couple of days. I'm assuming he's still safe.

many "closers" don't work for a couple of days

maybe he's not a closer

Well if you look at the last few games for Cleveland, show me any of them where Carmona could have been used in a save situation. I would just assume that Carmona hasn't been used in a couple days b/c there hasn't been a save situation present in a couple days. You're making yourself look stupid, please stop.

BTW, it wasn't a save situation when he entered. He entered with 2 outs in the 8th with a runner on 2nd to pitch to Richie Sexson who had already homered earlier in the game. I don't know about you, but managers will, at times, bring in their closers to record an extra out if a tough hitter is at the plate, which is what Wedge did.
Last edited by p32bars on Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
p32bars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:49 pm

Young 8 wrote:
p32bars wrote:
Young 8 wrote:
cardsfan wrote:Carmona will be givin every chance and then some. This guy will be good for many years to come in the ninth. Be patient. ;-D ;-D

mmm......not so "good" in the Ninth vs Seattle

Well if you're that skeptical, drop him then, you're complaining about one bad inning after he has been lights out since his conversion from starter to reliever. He hasn't been used in over 5 days, I'm sure he had a bit of rust but it was his fault today walking a few guys leading to the hits he gave up. All you guys act like whatever others say on here is the holy grail and pimping a certain player means that player will perform night in and night out b/c so and so said they would. He'll have his share of lumps b/c he is a young pitcher, but I'm not dropping him or changing my outlook on him b/c of this game.

reliever & closer are 2 different jobs

[/u]

Yeah well how is Todd Coffey doing these days. Bad enough the Tribe gets like 3 save opps a month, but this is getting ridiclous. He and Saito are competing with each other to see who is more useless in fantasy.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

Postby p32bars » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:51 pm

Comparing Todd Coffey to Carmona is absolutely stupid. Coffey relies on groundball outs for his success and was bombed many times this year.
Last edited by p32bars on Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
p32bars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Young 8 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:54 pm

p32bars wrote:Comparing Todd Coffey to Carmona is absolutely stupid. Carmona is the closer in Cleveland. His stuff is electric and he can rack up the K's. Coffey's stuff is far from electric and was relies on groundball outs for his success.

hey...how many saves Carmona has ???

ZERO, i repeat ZERO

so, before acting like "he is Closer" or "he is electric".....wait

games don't lie
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby p32bars » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:00 pm

So you have to be a closer to be electric? Wedge said when Wickman was dealt that Carmona would become their new closer. Young 8, that means Fausto Carmona is the new closer for the Cleveland Indians. You've never seen him pitch. I see him pitch every week. You're stuck behind a computer screen going off what a stat tracker tells you. He is electric, he has a mound presence that is ideal for a closer. Go back in the archives and read what other posters have said about him, b/c it's true.

You act like he has blown 3 or 4 saves in a row, such as Coffey did with regulary. This was his first bad outing pretty much as a reliever. Stop looking for more things to complain about b/c you won't find anything else but today's game. It's not his fault save situations aren't present everyday for him, it's the nature of the game.
p32bars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby go_jays_go » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:02 pm

Young 8 wrote:
p32bars wrote:Comparing Todd Coffey to Carmona is absolutely stupid. Carmona is the closer in Cleveland. His stuff is electric and he can rack up the K's. Coffey's stuff is far from electric and was relies on groundball outs for his success.

hey...how many saves Carmona has ???

ZERO, i repeat ZERO

so, before acting like "he is Closer" or "he is electric".....wait

games don't lie

How many oppertunities has he had? We already know how you feel about Carmona, so stop. ;-7
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -710)

Postby Young 8 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:03 pm

p32bars wrote:So you have to be a closer to be electric? Wedge said when Wickman was dealt that Carmona would become their new closer. Young 8, that means Fausto Carmona is the new closer for the Cleveland Indians. You've never seen him pitch. I see him pitch every week. You're stuck behind a computer screen going off what a stat tracker tells you. He is electric, he has a mound presence that is ideal for a closer. Go back in the archives and read what other posters have said about him, b/c it's true.

yeah...you're right

electric like Bilinsgley, Reyes, Hamels, etc.........
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby go_jays_go » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:08 pm

Young 8 wrote:
p32bars wrote:So you have to be a closer to be electric? Wedge said when Wickman was dealt that Carmona would become their new closer. Young 8, that means Fausto Carmona is the new closer for the Cleveland Indians. You've never seen him pitch. I see him pitch every week. You're stuck behind a computer screen going off what a stat tracker tells you. He is electric, he has a mound presence that is ideal for a closer. Go back in the archives and read what other posters have said about him, b/c it's true.

yeah...you're right

electric like Bilinsgley, Reyes, Hamels, etc.........

Please. Stop while you're ahead. :-t
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -710)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers