Return to Baseball Leftovers

Abreu a liability in the field???????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:08 pm

by the way cords its spelled biased, and I am not biased, I think you should know that by now.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 368)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:11 pm

You need to calm down, bro.

I used to think Jeter was God too, before I found the Cafe and started reading up on thing and began analyzing things for myself, instead of listening to what ESPN had to say.

Jeter is not a good shortstop. He's not clutch. He's simply a very good player. Look at the numbers. I believe that you do watch every game. As do I. However, memory is selective, and statistics are not. Jeter is an average at best shorstop. Bottom line.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)

Postby J.C.Fighter » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:13 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:by the way cords its spelled biased, and I am not biased, I think you should know that by now.

Your avatar is creepy
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -7)

Postby cordscords » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:48 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:by the way cords its spelled biased, and I am not biased, I think you should know that by now.

Stop worrying about my spelling and worry about beating me for once.

As far as what Ozzie Guillen has to say, he feels that guys should be demoted and fined when his pitchers don't retaliate against the batter. That's all I will say.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 5)

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:58 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:You need to calm down, bro.

I used to think Jeter was God too, before I found the Cafe and started reading up on thing and began analyzing things for myself, instead of listening to what ESPN had to say.

Jeter is not a good shortstop. He's not clutch. He's simply a very good player. Look at the numbers. I believe that you do watch every game. As do I. However, memory is selective, and statistics are not. Jeter is an average at best shorstop. Bottom line.

yeah the cafe can brainwash you, I have come to realize that, like brainwashing me to believe Teixeira is worth the 4th overall pick at the start of the season. I just watch the games and analyze for myself and I realize that he does make 10-15 errors per year, but than he also saves about 2-3 hits per game, thats why he is a gold glover and a very good fielder.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:59 pm

cordscords wrote:

As far as what Ozzie Guillen has to say, he feels that guys should be demoted and fined when his pitchers don't retaliate against the batter. That's all I will say.

you shouldnt have as many points as you do in my opinion.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:00 pm

cordscords wrote:

I honestly dont care if I ever finish ahead of you or not, I would like to win yes, but I dont have as much free time so I cant make all the closer pickups you do the minute the info is released. And than you win in the saves category and trade closers for people like carl crawford.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:18 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:

yeah the cafe can brainwash you, I have come to realize that, like brainwashing me to believe Teixeira is worth the 4th overall pick at the start of the season. I just watch the games and analyze for myself and I realize that he does make 10-15 errors per year, but than he also saves about 2-3 hits per game, thats why he is a gold glover and a very good fielder.

:-b :-b :-b :-b

Brainwash me? Wow.

BTW, do you have any proof that Jeter saves 2-3 hits per game? No, you don't. You have nothing but your word that would suggest he does any such thing. Meanwhile, I've presented numbers that refute every notion about Jeter being a gold glove caliber fielder.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:20 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:I just watch the games and analyze for myself and I realize that he does make 10-15 errors per year, but than he also saves about 2-3 hits per game, thats why he is a gold glover and a very good fielder.
I seriously doubt any SS saves 2-3 hits a game over the course of a season.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:53 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
NikkiSixx wrote:

:-b :-b :-b :-b

Brainwash me? Wow.

BTW, do you have any proof that Jeter saves 2-3 hits per game? No, you don't. You have nothing but your word that would suggest he does any such thing. Meanwhile, I've presented numbers that refute every notion about Jeter being a gold glove caliber fielder.

I may have exaggerated that, but he saves as many hits as any other SS in the league, and that makes up for the 10-15 errors he gets per year. The good way outweighs the bad...and I dont care what is said in this thread, Derek Jeter has good range at SS, its not the best, but its most certainly above average, he gets a very solid jump on the ball, and he has a strong arm. I wouldnt rather have any other SS in the league for all around purposes.

And yes, brainwash. Im not saying the cafe gives out a bad opinion by any means, but basically everybody seems to agree with everybody else except for guys like Oliver Perez and Alfonso Soriano.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers