Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dellucci Victorino What is Charlie Going To Do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dellucci Victorino What is Charlie Going To Do?

Postby Philly_05 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:44 am

I have heard they will platoon out there in RF. But does anyone know what Charlie might be thinking at this point. What matchups will Dellucci get which will Victorino get. Or will it be random? Would help if I knew Dellucci would face L or R an sit vs the others. Do you think Charlie will do that?
Philly_05
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 461)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:30 am

Delluchi will see the majority of the ABs. There was a quote yesterday that they thought of him as the fulltime OF. Victorino will probably see an increase in playing time as the 4th OF. I would guess about 2-3 starts a week.

Google Delluchi you'll find it.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby Philly_05 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:44 pm

I had him in last night I guess he's going to get the playing time vs right handers. An Victorino vs left handed pitchers. I was kinda pissed last night Dellucci was having a good night an had guys on 1st and 3rd I think it was. An Charlie pulled him from the game an replaced him with Victorino who went an K'd. I hope it's not something that will keep up because having a guy in for only 2-3 AB's a night if he even gets a start isn't going to be a good thing.
Philly_05
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DSheppard » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:51 pm

dellucci can not hit lefties, theres no way he gets those starts.

he is a very solid hitter against righties though, and since hes having a very good year against them, and righties are obviously more common then lefties, he would seem to be the one to get most of the playing time.

im not that familiar with the phillies though, im just guessing based on just who dellucci is.

man i wish the rangers could have gotten him back, my favorite non all star type player.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -10)

Postby Philly_05 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:55 pm

I really like him a lot also. He really knows how to play the game. Last night was great one of the reasons I hate Rollins he just doesn't know or doesn't care how to play the game. He goes up there after his SP was AB. In 100 plus heat an goes hacking at the first pitch. I'm like wow just wow. Then Dellucci came up an walked around for awhile before he got to the plate. Then took pitches insted of hacking at the first pitch that came his way. The only players Phillies that have any clue how to play are Utley Howard an Dellucci.
Philly_05
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Thursday » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:26 pm

I really like Delluci too, and being a Phillies fan, it's nice to see a guy like him who will be able to play in Abreu's old spot. I was watching the game last night and was impressed with what i saw of him. Hopefully Victorino gets some starts as well.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby hwiggen » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:00 pm

I'm pretty dissappointed. Victorino looked great (at least on paper) when Rowand was out.
hwiggen
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -15)

Postby Richie Rich » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:42 am

hwiggen wrote:I'm pretty dissappointed. Victorino looked great (at least on paper) when Rowand was out.

Yeah he did, but I think he hit a little streak where he was really slumping, no?...Looks to have a bright future though....
C:Sandoval 1B:Teixeira 2B:Ramirez 3B:Huff SS:Rollins OF:Crawford OF:Markakis OF:Kemp U:Holliday U:Morneau B: Werth DL: Lowell
SP Billingsley Shields Verlander Lackey Romero Hughes
RP Cordero Bell Bailey Francisco
DL Dempster
Richie Rich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Postby WhiteHot » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:33 am

Thursday wrote:I was watching the game last night and was impressed with what i saw of him.

That was brutal. Dellucci is just a better hitter.

Manuel did it again last night (after Dellucci already had 4 RBIs and was super-hot) and I was cursing him. However, it worked and Victorino had an RBI triple.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -5)

Postby Philly_05 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:01 pm

Wow Manuel is really starting to piss me off. How good can Dellucci play. But every night he pulls him with runner in scoring position vs this left Flores from the Cards. Last night Victorino this night Roberson. The kid was 2-22 or something geez. I don't care how good or bad Dellucci may or may not hit lefty pitchers. I want to see him in the game when he is your best player god. :-[
Philly_05
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers