Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is this bull?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bleach168 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:26 am

And translate it to english while you're at it.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jake_harv88 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:52 am

The Dynamic Hispanic wrote:The commish of this league is evil and always talks people out of doing things which is why I think that is what happened.

These are trades the commissioner has made with people (he is good at talking people INTO things as well):

He traded:
-Johnny Estrada and Ray Durham for Francisco Cordero and Todd Jones
-Gil Meche and Jamie Moyer for Chad Cordero
-Bill Hall, Carlos Delgado, Frank Thomas, Josh Johnson, and Jeff Francis for David Ortiz, Jorge Cantu, and Tim Hudson
-Corey Patterson and Edwin Encarnacion for Dontrelle Willis and Bill Hall
-Tyler Walker for #1 waiver wire position for the rights to Cole Hamels
-BJ Ryan for Hank Blalock
-Vernon Wells, Nomar Garciaparra, and Brian Fuentes for Carlos Delgado, Torii Hunter, and Mariano Rivera
-Grady Sizemore for Vernon Wells
-Curt Schilling and Scot Shields for Francisco Liriano and Jake Peavy
-Jason Isringhausen, Scott Kazmir, Randy Johnson, and Daniel Cabrera for Miguel Cabrera and Brian Fuentes
-JD Drew and Kris Benson for Jason Isringhausen
-Brian Roberts, Derrick Turnbow, and Matt Morris for Alfonso Soriano
-Jeremy Hermida and Felix Hernandez for Curt Schilling and Grady Sizemore

you know not many of these trades worked in his favor. Estrada and Durham for a guy who sucked forever and jones (not so hot). Meche and Moyer for a closer who might get 25 saves (not so hot). Hall/Delgado/Thomas/Johnson he trades a ton of power for only david ortiz cause cantu sucks and johnson is way outperforming hudson (this trade sucked for him). Tyler walker for hamels, although i think hamels is close to putting it all together i would call this a push cause walker is downa dn hamels has sucked. Ryan for Blalock??? who would do that Ryan is way more valuable than the most overrated 3B in the game. Sizemore for Wells (wells is potentially the mvp). Izzy/Kaz/RJ for Dcab/Mcab/fuentes (also not so hot izzy is a good closer fuentes sucks, dcab is in the minors). Most of these trades are pretty odd, whats more odd is he always seems to get the players back...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby jake_harv88 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:53 am

lol i wish i saw that post before the moderator edited it. Some wanna pm me the gist of it???
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Zito is God » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:49 am

jake_harv88 wrote:lol i wish i saw that post before the moderator edited it. Some wanna pm me the gist of it???

I'm thinking the same thing, mostly because I'd assume the posy was directed at me. I have a right to know what was said about me. :-/
Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -54)

Postby Thursday » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:53 am

Zito is God wrote:
jake_harv88 wrote:lol i wish i saw that post before the moderator edited it. Some wanna pm me the gist of it???

I'm thinking the same thing, mostly because I'd assume the posy was directed at me. I have a right to know what was said about me. :-/

Actually Mr. ZIG, it was a note from somebody to somebody else in his league that was teeming with horrible language that would melt the eyeballs of small children. Not towards you at all.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby tianyi86 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:55 am

Zito is God wrote:

I think it is as well. Use ur imagination to create the most offensive insult possible and that probably is it.
tianyi86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Madison » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:16 am

Zito is God wrote:

Well that's what you get for assuming ;-) . The post had nothing to do with you. B-)

Even if it had though, keeping garbage off our public boards is more important than what you think you have a right to see. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby mkultra » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:37 am

Back to the issue at hand- is this a Sportsline league? If so, you have do accept the "wrong button" theory, since SL has a terrible trade receiving interface. There's no confirmation page, and if you enter a message and hit return, it accepts the trade.

If it's Yahoo, on the other hand, the trade has to go through- "I was drunk" is not an excuse for accepting and then CONFIRMING a trade.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby The Dynamic Hispanic » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:14 pm

MOD EDIT: Still unacceptable even halfway edited.
The Dynamic Hispanic
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Zito is God » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:20 pm

I don't see it being necessary to post that, there is no "bull" involved, and you have no case.

*Topic ready for locking*
Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -54)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers