Return to Baseball Leftovers

League Members

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

League Members

Postby Philly_05 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:06 pm

Okay well i'm sure we all have some league members that we don't get a long with well or don't talk to much. Or people who won't trade with the league no matter how much someone may try to trade with them but what do you guys take from this email our leauge just got from one of our owners...

To all Managers,

All (TEAM NAME) Players are now available except for Blue Jays players (Rios, Hill, Doc, Ryan, etc)

If you want to trade, these are my pref's:

1) Blue Jays (Glaus, Wells, Cat, ...)
2) Very promising minors, with a pref. for Jays again :-)

You need to SELL your offer. Tell me why I should make the offered trade! (BS gets you disqualified
--- I want quality statistics)

Preference will be given to teams not in 1--3 place.

This offer ends at Noon Monday (CDT) --- offers after that will be rejected. Since I am out of town
Sat--Tues, I will accept/reject valid offers on Wed (no counter offers will be considered, if you make
more than 1 offer for a player only the first will be considered). You may be disqualified from any
further trading for unbalanced offers.

After this, I will not trade any players for the rest of the season (so don't ask --- and consider all offers
after that date as summarily rejected as per the "fair" trade clause)

All previous bans from trading with the (TEAM NAME) have been removed for this offer. However, if you
make an offer and reneg later or offer junk, not much I can do but disqualify you forever from trading
with the (TEAM NAME) anytime in the future --- Not well publicized, but this has been my policy all along.

B

Does this email not seem flawed in every way? The guy has a horrible team he wants to trade for Blue Jay players most. He comes out an pretty much says don't even bother if your in the top 3 in the league. I'm ranked in the top 3 in the league. You can only offer for 1 player 1 time if you do so a second time the offer won't be looked at. An then he could just decide to never trade with you ever again. He comes out an says he hold grudges. So if you offer something he might not like he will never trade with you again. Is it just me or is this guy out of his mind?
Philly_05
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 461)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RJ24VC15 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:15 pm

Seems like the guy is an idiot if you ask me.

Personally i'm not big on trades at anytime and it does sometimes annoy me when people make tons of stupid offers, but I don't go posting who can/can't offer trades to me.
http://www.yuwie.com/yuwie.asp?r=193
RJ24VC15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:54 pm

Personally, I love trading, and have made 5 in my main league already this year. However, anyone who makes a post like this is likely not doing it for the excitement and strategy that trading brings, but to just bring some intention to himself.

It's an immature post, and I'd be suprised to see him get a single offer. After reading that - I Know I wouldn't bother.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -231)

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:02 pm

pokerplaya wrote:Personally, I love trading, and have made 5 in my main league already this year.

You act like 5 is a lot. :-° I've made 32 and that's only the 3rd most in my league.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:34 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:Personally, I love trading, and have made 5 in my main league already this year.

You act like 5 is a lot. :-° I've made 32 and that's only the 3rd most in my league.

I really thought that was a lot. 8-o

32...seems like you are trading just for the sake of trading, but if you made your team better in the process, kudos.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -231)

Postby bellings » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:37 pm

5 is above average in most leagues. I could be sending out offers everyday, and I don't think that I could have gotten 32 trades through in my league. Although, it's a keeper league, and I'd be willing to make a solid guess that the 32 trades are not in a keeper league.
bellings
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:44 pm

bellings wrote:5 is above average in most leagues. I could be sending out offers everyday, and I don't think that I could have gotten 32 trades through in my league. Although, it's a keeper league, and I'd be willing to make a solid guess that the 32 trades are not in a keeper league.

Yeah it's a non keeper and we all know each other so it's pretty easy to make a deal...especially during the school year when people have lunch or study hall together. Even out of school people constantly talk about deals over AIM.

On the other hand with the same group of people in football last year, the most amount of trades by 1 person was 4. Go figure...
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Return to Baseball Leftovers