Return to Baseball Leftovers

5-man rotation of death this season

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mak1277 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:13 am

jake_harv88 wrote:where are you reading about the injury on peavy. All i read is that he's put the injury behind him and his past two outtings have been indicative of that?? show me a link...

rotoworld:

Jake Peavy threw seven innings and allowed one run Tuesday in a loss to the Astros.

A hard-luck defeat for Peavy, but at least it was a second straight positive outing. He seems to be on his way to returning to ace form.

I can't remember where I read that about Peavy, but I'm not inventing it. I should probably have say that he "may" have been pitching with the same injury Sheets had. Maybe he's past it now, but if you really don't believe anything was wrong with him...then why has he been so bad?
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 5-man rotation of death this season

Postby bigwords » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:27 am

[quote="bellings"] Now taking nominations for the most season-killing rotation that looked viable at the beginning of the year.[/quote]

Dontrelle Willis
Felix Hernandez
Randy Johnson
Jon Lieber

Granted, these players have gotten better over the season, but those first couple months really killed me -- enough I had to abandon my entire philosophy and trade for undeniably great, consistent pitchers. Now I have a rotation of Oswalt, Zito, Halladay, and Beckett.
bigwords
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -19)

Postby roninmedia » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:35 am

Cliff Lee :-/
Jon Garland
Bruce Chen
Mark Mulder

Oh why did i waste a draft pick on you guys?
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -13)

Postby mak1277 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:43 am

My season opening rotation in my NL-only:

Sheets
Lowry
Lieber
Odalis
Madson

:-P Needless to say I fell behind badly in the pitching categories early on.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:01 am

BTOWNHESS wrote:3. Chris Carpenter- He was on average drafted in the 2nd round of most fantasy leagues...He hasnt sucked this year but he hasnt been automatic like most of his owners hoped he would be

Come on! The guy has an ERA under 3 and 10 wins. What do you want? Not automatic? An ERA under 3 is nothing to ever complain about despite any expectations.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby jake_harv88 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:02 am

mak1277 wrote:
jake_harv88 wrote:where are you reading about the injury on peavy. All i read is that he's put the injury behind him and his past two outtings have been indicative of that?? show me a link...

rotoworld:

Jake Peavy threw seven innings and allowed one run Tuesday in a loss to the Astros.

A hard-luck defeat for Peavy, but at least it was a second straight positive outing. He seems to be on his way to returning to ace form.

I can't remember where I read that about Peavy, but I'm not inventing it. I should probably have say that he "may" have been pitching with the same injury Sheets had. Maybe he's past it now, but if you really don't believe anything was wrong with him...then why has he been so bad?

i dont believe anything is wrong because he hasn't been so bad lately. His past two outtings were very solid and the one before that everyone said was a mechanics issue. I'm willing to bet hes back on track to being an ace... ;-D
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby g-dawg » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:06 am

Here's my 4 man rotation of death (my top 4 SP draft picks) along with my top 2 RP draft picks. And yes, I realize this was a pretty crappy draft even if they hadn't all been busts this year.

Randy Johnson
Bartolo Colon
John Patterson
Zach Duke

Brad Lidge
Derrick Turnbow

Those were the first 6 pitchers I drafted - none are on my team today - and I'm in 1st place. Next year, I may not even draft any pitchers....
g-dawg
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:23 am

Colon
Burnett
D-Train
Prior
Woods
Buehrle
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)

Postby Amazing Oopah » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:53 am

roninmedia wrote:Cliff Lee :-/
Jon Garland
Bruce Chen
Mark Mulder

Oh why did i waste a draft pick on you guys?

jesus, Bruce Chen was in your rotation? 8-o

And this was my rotation in one team:

Halladay
Kazmir
Mulder
Morris
Bedard

This rotation was so so early on, then it turned brutal. Dumped Bedard a couple of weeks before he went on his tear on a fit of frustation. And Kazmir and Mulder are both on the DL. Only Halladay and Morris remain :-[ :-[ :-[
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: -12)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers