Return to Baseball Leftovers

Javy Lopez to Red Sox

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby cjd92280 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:21 pm

acsguitar wrote:Lopez is washed up but anyone can hit at Pinball Park

Ya, Yankee Stadium is such a massive ballpark too?

EDITED FOR LANGUAGE :-t
cjd92280
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:21 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
Amazing Oopah wrote:Good to see Epstein was looking at his splits just like I was ;-D :-b

A platoon of Mirabelli/Lopez should be much better than one of Mirabelli/Huckaby until Tek comes back.

When Varitek comes back they'll probably carry 3 catchers with both Varitek & Lopez able to play 1B.

Keep in mind that catcher is the hardest position to play... he will be squating throughout most of the game, which can't be good for his knee injury. When Tek gets back, I doubt they will put him in full time to start. He will slowly work his way back in. Lopez and him will be splitting time. I think Mirabelli would be the odd man out... although, especially if Wakefield is back, they will probably hold onto 3 catchers.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby MrSnider » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:27 pm

All I know is I'm starting my base stealers against the Sox for sure now.
MrSnider
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -3)

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:32 pm

quitesanemax wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
Amazing Oopah wrote:Good to see Epstein was looking at his splits just like I was ;-D :-b

A platoon of Mirabelli/Lopez should be much better than one of Mirabelli/Huckaby until Tek comes back.

When Varitek comes back they'll probably carry 3 catchers with both Varitek & Lopez able to play 1B.

Keep in mind that catcher is the hardest position to play... he will be squating throughout most of the game, which can't be good for his knee injury. When Tek gets back, I doubt they will put him in full time to start. He will slowly work his way back in. Lopez and him will be splitting time. I think Mirabelli would be the odd man out... although, especially if Wakefield is back, they will probably hold onto 3 catchers.

Yeah, when Wakefield comes back Mirabelli is definately on the roster. I guess Lopez will just be pinch hitting and maybe seeing some random action to give a guy the random day off.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:25 pm

My wife loves this deal. She grew up a Braves fan and loves Javy. I turned her into a Red Sox fan, though she still has great loyalty to the Braves, so she's pretty thrilled he's in Boston now.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -14)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers