Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will Hermida have a breakout season?

YES
54%
NO
46%

Total votes : 46

Postby Philliebuster » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:48 pm

I think his production will be dependent of where he bats in the lineup. Last season Geradi (sp) wouldn't move him out of the bottom of the order. He has the potential to have a great OBP, and steal bases, he should bat in the 2 hole. Maybe with a new manager he will. I don't think it unreasonable that we see:

.285/23hr/85rbi/20sb/90run
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby auclairkeithbc » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:28 am

Yoda wrote:I think it is safe to excuse Hermida from his first full season due to injuries. It is hard enough to put up decent numbers as a rook when you are completely healthy and play enough games to get it going.

Do not forget that he is still only 22 yo and put up great numbers in the minors. He still displayed pretty good K/BB skills despite a disappointing season. I expect him to bounce back and put up good numbers across the board. But health seems to be a big factor in his success.

He put up GREAT numbers in the minors? You are refering to what exaclty? One season?
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:49 pm

auclairkeithbc wrote:
Yoda wrote:I think it is safe to excuse Hermida from his first full season due to injuries. It is hard enough to put up decent numbers as a rook when you are completely healthy and play enough games to get it going.

Do not forget that he is still only 22 yo and put up great numbers in the minors. He still displayed pretty good K/BB skills despite a disappointing season. I expect him to bounce back and put up good numbers across the board. But health seems to be a big factor in his success.

He put up GREAT numbers in the minors? You are refering to what exaclty? One season?

Yep the biggest concerns were the lack of power and health which he seemed to overcome in 05. His K/BB, OPS and speed numbers were all great during his minor league seasons.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby stumpak » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:50 pm

Breakout or not, I think he is a good risk for the price and will target him if I can get him cheap.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -5)

Postby auclairkeithbc » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:14 pm

where would you rank him as far as keepers in 5X5?
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers