Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is your #1 overall pick in 2007?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:47 pm

For me it's close b/w Pujols and Reyes.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -416)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Music2004Man » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:22 pm

Pujols is clearly number one. It will be interesting to see how 2-5 go however. It seems like there's been a good amount of turnover in the first round over the last year.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -1)

Postby Half Massed » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:42 pm

eftda wrote:I'm gonna take someone who can hit 3 hrs in 1 game ;-D

Good luck finding that guy. I heard it's impossible.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -106)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:37 pm

COULD WE PLEASE have polls show up on other pages of the site besides the main page? im sure not everyone enters the site through the main domain address. theres plenty of space on the bottom left hand side for the polls to be placed. thanks.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -36)

Postby Seanyfever » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:24 pm

I personally do not like Pujols... I'd still pick him and look to trade him for some overzealous manager.
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 308)

Postby RynMan » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:37 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:This is the closest thing I have seen to someone not taking Pujols #1. And even then he just says he'll consider Reyes.

Nate Ravitz of Rototimes wrote:Jose Reyes is a bona fide superstar, and if I had the No. 1 pick in a 2007 draft right now I'd give him strong consideration.

link

That is ridiculous. Total number of seasons that Jose Reyes has been a "bona fide superstar"? Please, enlighten me....

Your first pick needs to be about production, aswell as consistency. You don't use the first pick in the draft on a guy with talent, who has had one good year.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -227)

Postby bigken117 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:44 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:COULD WE PLEASE have polls show up on other pages of the site besides the main page? im sure not everyone enters the site through the main domain address. theres plenty of space on the bottom left hand side for the polls to be placed. thanks.

This has been requested already....

Madison wrote:Not a silly suggestion at all, but what good would it do us to have a front page if no one had a reason to check it out. ;-)
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/E/Jacoby-Ellsbury.shtml
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=24
http://twitter.com/#!/baseballcafe
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fantasy-Baseball-Cafe/117034715055181?sk=wall
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1076)

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:25 am

Pujols is clearly the #1 pick, even if you don't expect him to finish next season ranked #1. Every season, someone like Howard, Arod, Soriano, ect. will come close to putting up better numbers. The key difference is that none of those guys are consistantly in the top 3 every season.

Basically, if you pick someone other than Pujols #1, you might end up having them finish the season ranked 20th. If you take Pujols, the worst case scenerio has him ranked 2nd or 3rd.
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:25 pm

Pujols' consistency and production gives him the nod, I wouldn't think of anyone else.
BlueBandit24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -35)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:41 pm

wrveres wrote:the only league where Pujols is not the number one overall pick is in the Japan H2HWS, where that honor belongs to Ichiro.

I still can never figure out why people focus so much of their attention as to who is number one and the top 10 is, that type of thing. It just seems like such a waste of time. Your odds of getting who you want in the first round are less than 10% ... You take what you get .. :-)

Well, I couldn't agree more...

First round guys are almost a dead lock by the time drafting time rolls around. You can argue over who should be 3rd pick or 5th but they're likely to contribute, barring some ridiculous injury (yeah, I was the guy who got Derrek Lee first round in one of my leagues).

Things don't get interesting until the 3rd or 4th round when the fantasy baseball men get separated from the fantasy baseball boys :-D
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -47)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers