Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is your #1 overall pick in 2007?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mikekim2121 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:11 am

bigh0rt wrote:A-Rod can't go #1. He's biracial. He said so himself. :-°

He's also good looking.

RynMan wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:This is the closest thing I have seen to someone not taking Pujols #1. And even then he just says he'll consider Reyes.

Nate Ravitz of Rototimes wrote:Jose Reyes is a bona fide superstar, and if I had the No. 1 pick in a 2007 draft right now I'd give him strong consideration.

link

That is ridiculous. Total number of seasons that Jose Reyes has been a "bona fide superstar"? Please, enlighten me....

Your first pick needs to be about production, aswell as consistency. You don't use the first pick in the draft on a guy with talent, who has had one good year.

;-D ;-D ;-D
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rainman23 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:12 pm

I'm moderately amused by the repondants who claim it's always Albert, and then some pretender like Soriano, Beltran...Arod? Arod was the consensus number 1 for several years, and he and Albert have seesawed at #1 the last few years. Clearly Pujols is the guy you snag here. But Rodriguez isn't remotely in the same category as some of the other flashes in the pan mentioned. If consistency is what you crave in your #1 choice, Arod is almost in a class by himself. Even in the train wreck of a season he's just completed, very few guys wound up with better numbers.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -8)

Postby Yoda » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:35 pm

RynMan wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:This is the closest thing I have seen to someone not taking Pujols #1. And even then he just says he'll consider Reyes.

Nate Ravitz of Rototimes wrote:Jose Reyes is a bona fide superstar, and if I had the No. 1 pick in a 2007 draft right now I'd give him strong consideration.

link

That is ridiculous. Total number of seasons that Jose Reyes has been a "bona fide superstar"? Please, enlighten me....

Your first pick needs to be about production, aswell as consistency. You don't use the first pick in the draft on a guy with talent, who has had one good year.

It is beyond stupid to take Reyes over Pujols. Not saying Reyes can't or won't outproduce Pujols but come on... We are talking about a player who never hit more than 10 HRs in a season in his professional career until 06.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby quiksilver » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:55 pm

Seanyfever wrote:I personally do not like Pujols... I'd still pick him and look to trade him for some overzealous manager.

What's not to like about him? He puts up fantastic numbers across the board and there's nobody you could trade for who would match his value.

Excuse me while I beat this dead horse here...Pujols was my number 1 this past season, and there's no doubt he's number 1 next season as well.

I don't know about the muddled middle but I do know for SURE that I will have no reservations about taking Grady Sizemore in the late first or early second round.
quiksilver
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)

Postby chadlincoln » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:18 am

How is it not Pujols?
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -23)