Return to Baseball Leftovers

Delgado's right to demand trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Delgado demands trade?

Postby mweir145 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:54 pm

BxBombers951 wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
BxBombers951 wrote:he demanded a trade.

Apparently, he did not. It was all over NY radio on Monday. Did you hear something to the contrary?

yea i heard he demanded it then retracted his demand tejada style

From where?

The news that came out a few days ago suggested that while he had the option of demanding one, he decided not to because he was happy as a Met.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:01 pm

And for what possible reason would he demand a trade anyway? He's the cleanup hitter in an organization that will likely be a WS contender for the foreseeable future, and is getting paid a huge amount of money on a long-term deal. In Toronto, the playoff situation was nearly a polar opposite and he never demanded one there (or in Florida for that matter) so why would he do it in a situation that appears to be so favorable?
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)

Postby FalcoAtL » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:02 pm

mweir145 wrote:And for what possible reason would he demand a trade anyway? He's the cleanup hitter in an organization that will likely be a WS contender for the foreseeable future, and is getting paid a huge amount of money on a long-term deal. In Toronto, the playoff situation was nearly a polar opposite and he never demanded one there (or in Florida for that matter) so why would he do it in a situation that appears to be so favorable?

Couldn't put it any better! ;-D
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BxBombers951 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:29 pm

mweir145 wrote:And for what possible reason would he demand a trade anyway? He's the cleanup hitter in an organization that will likely be a WS contender for the foreseeable future, and is getting paid a huge amount of money on a long-term deal. In Toronto, the playoff situation was nearly a polar opposite and he never demanded one there (or in Florida for that matter) so why would he do it in a situation that appears to be so favorable?

thats exactly what i said in my original post. i didnt say it made sense, i just asked about what i was told

the news was misworded on the yes network news bar...it said he revoked his trade demand rather than saying he revoked his right to a trade demand.
BxBombers951
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -3)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers