Return to Baseball Leftovers

Now does Dusty get the love .... ???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Now does Dusty get the love .... ???

Postby wrveres » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:05 pm

I doubt it, but it will be interesting to watch .... :-)

By the way ..... Cub's over FLA ... Prior will pitch twice and be the MVP. Though it should go to Dusty. :-)

Goat Kabobs
Goat Nachos
Goat Burgers
Goat Pate?

What is it gonna be Super GM? sorry had to take the shot. :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:09 pm

I still say that Dusty overworked his starters during the season. Granted, look where they are now baby! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby wrveres » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:11 pm

Madison wrote:I still say that Dusty overworked his starters during the season. Granted, look where they are now baby! ;-D

like I said... i doubt it.. :-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby willieroe » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:56 pm

Well, the managing gets pretty easy when you have one pitching stud after another. While Dusty will always be shaky on in-game managing decisions (in tonight's game, why not pinch-hit for Miller in the 8th, if you're already decided to PH for Wood - and then bring in a better defensive catcher in Bako) - there is no doubt that he commands the respect of his players.
willieroe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:58 pm

There should be no way Dusty gets NL Manager of the Year over McKeon.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jdh » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:03 am

Baker clearly gets the results out of his teams on the field, but at least from a fantasy perspective, I would certainly avoid drafting Prior, Wood, and Zambrano next year given their high pitch counts and possibility that they will wear down or get injured. It's possible that never happens but the risk is there and why waste a first round pick on Prior to see if it happens or not. Just ask people that drafted RJ, Schilling and maybe even Pedro in the first round this year.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:27 am

jdh wrote:Baker clearly gets the results out of his teams on the field, but at least from a fantasy perspective, I would certainly avoid drafting Prior, Wood, and Zambrano next year given their high pitch counts and possibility that they will wear down or get injured.

JDH I value pitch counts as much as any. But to advise to avoid those 3 next year is a witch hunt. No one know who, or when something could happen. You mention Pedro in 1st round as a bad pick. He looked fine to me, a cy candidate. Schilling and RJ are nearing the end. Certaintly injuries and reduced time will probably be the norm. I remember the cries from some of dont draft Arod this year because hes hurt. MVP anyone? Arod, Pedro, Prior should be in anyones top 5, and Wood probably top 25.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby LCBOY » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:51 am

If Dusty gets to the WS and actually wins it he will be revered in Chicago FOREVER!!! GO CUBS!!!!!!!
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -185)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers