Return to Baseball Leftovers

Myself vs My Co-owner

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:28 pm

I am in the same situation with a friend of mine. Our co-managed team already drafted. I wasn't present at the draft so we didn't share our rankings. It's hard to avoid giving away sleepers but there are so many players and drafts are so dynamic that it doesn't really matter in the long run.

Just keep your draft sheet to yourself and play it by each round.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rhino Tuff » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:14 pm

I have the same situation with a friend of mine. I've always put the friendship first, I have enough confidence in my abilities throughout the regular season that I'm willing to share the info. It will also help you, hopefully your friend will share his information with you. The way I see it in the league where we draft against each other we form our own war room and draft together (online) that way we both hope that we can finish 1-2... ;-D
Rhino Tuff
College Coach
College Coach

Postby X Man » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:40 pm

Thanks, I'll take a bit of everybodys advice but I like the last piece of advice best.
X Man
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Galt » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:04 pm

Another option is you could alternate picks.

He picks the first round guy. You pick the 2nd round guy. Etc.

You'd still be "working together" and would still get a team together that you both like (for the most part), but you would essentially be drafting separate teams and wouldn't need to share all your info.

And then after the other draft concludes, you can say "yeah, that guy you drafted in round 9? I hate him. Here's why - we need to trade him"
Galt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers