Return to Baseball Leftovers

Players you won't touch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Ender » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:46 pm

one ton wrote:Count me as another who won't take Dunn. I had him last year, and it was just brutal. Not only does he destroy your average, he is the master of the solo homerun. He had 40 HR and 92 RBI last year!

And yet people still draft Ryan Freel who hurts you in 4 categories and barely helps you in 1! I can't imagine refusing to draft Dunn if he's sitting there in like the 16th round.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ayebatter » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:38 am

one ton wrote:Count me as another who won't take Dunn. I had him last year, and it was just brutal. Not only does he destroy your average, he is the master of the solo homerun. He had 40 HR and 92 RBI last year!

Ok, tell me, how many guys are capable of 40+ HRs & 100 RBIs ( his 3 yr average), how could you not take this guy after all of the 40 HR 100 RBI .300 average guys are gone? He still hits 40 out, he still drives in 100 that has to help more than a .250 avg. hurts. Hell he'll even get you 8 to 10 SBs.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 763)

Postby one ton » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:08 am

Well, I thought I was immune to emotions affecting my judgment of players, but I just don't want him on my team.

That said, I'm generally trying to avoid guys that are going to be a drag in a specific category. Needless to say, I won't be bidding on Freel either ;-)
one ton
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -3)

Postby cobbs87 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:12 am

ChipperJonesFanatic wrote:I have a lot of guys I don't touch.

Chase Utley- It seems as though everyone is in love with this guy. Sure he is the best second baseman, but he is really overrated.

Joe Mauer- Way too overrated. He doesn't put up near the numbers as McCann, yet goes at least 3 rounds earlier.

Chien-Ming Wang- His Ks actually hurt you. Another overrated player in pinstripes. Wins are only one cat.

Robinson Cano- This guy is vastly overrated. Avg is only one category, and for the round people take him, I would much rather grab a stud SP.

Juan Pierre- I hate speed demons.

Chone Figgins- Never believed.

Delmon Young- I really like this kid, but I can't stomach taking him in the 7-10th round.

Hanley Ramirez- Solid SS, but I don't think he can repeat.

Derek Jeter- I guess I don't like Yankees. I can't imagine taking him in the early second round.

Justin Morneau- One year wonder.

Ryan Howard- You can only K so much...

Can I be in a league with you?
cobbs87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: -14)

Postby Trojan Pony » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:08 am

hahaha
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -125)

Postby Vitreous » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:02 am

I'm in a league where I can make changes to the line-up just once a week unless someone goes on the DL.

The players I want to avoid are the ones that always seem to be day-to-day just about every week.

The two poster boys for this are J.D. Drew and Marcus Giles.
Vitreous
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Mayor Daley » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:03 am

cobbs87 wrote:
ChipperJonesFanatic wrote:I have a lot of guys I don't touch.

Chase Utley- It seems as though everyone is in love with this guy. Sure he is the best second baseman, but he is really overrated.

Joe Mauer- Way too overrated. He doesn't put up near the numbers as McCann, yet goes at least 3 rounds earlier.

Chien-Ming Wang- His Ks actually hurt you. Another overrated player in pinstripes. Wins are only one cat.

Robinson Cano- This guy is vastly overrated. Avg is only one category, and for the round people take him, I would much rather grab a stud SP.

Juan Pierre- I hate speed demons.

Chone Figgins- Never believed.

Delmon Young- I really like this kid, but I can't stomach taking him in the 7-10th round.

Hanley Ramirez- Solid SS, but I don't think he can repeat.

Derek Jeter- I guess I don't like Yankees. I can't imagine taking him in the early second round.

Justin Morneau- One year wonder.

Ryan Howard- You can only K so much...

Can I be in a league with you?

Man I was thinking the exact same thing ;-D ;-D
Mayor Daley
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers