Return to Baseball Leftovers

Excel cheatsheet help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Excel cheatsheet help

Postby roygbiv » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:50 pm

Does anyone have a *custom* Excel cheatsheet made up that I can use.

I'm not so interested in your rankings (although I will take a peak), but I'd like to find a good format to place my rankings in. I'd like to find something I can use during my draft.

I'm not all that good in Excel (just know the basics).
Thanks
roygbiv Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby adichiara » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:00 pm

Seems this question is asked every day. Rotochamps.com has a free draft software program on excel that will do the trick and you can input your rankings too.

Excel isn't difficult to know the basics, I would just search google.
adichiara
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby roygbiv » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:04 pm

I actually saw that. Not quite what I was looking for.
Thanks for the reply.
roygbiv Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:13 pm

I've been trying out a cheat-sheet on Excel with player projections to help me with my auction, because I'm trying to finish in the Top 3 in every category this year and I'm using last year's stats from our league as a benchmark. (We have a 5x5 standard cat h2h league).

I'm entering projections for every player, along with auction $ value and I'm just switching players in and out of my projected roster to try to match up with my goals.

So far I've been able to auto-sum or total up all of the counting categories (I highlight the column and click that funky-looking backwards "E" button on the toolbar), but haven't figured out how to calculate averages (such as BA, ERA, WHIP) on the program yet. I am finding it pretty useful so far though as a draft tool.

I'm kind of an amatuer with Excel too but have been learning as I go along. My cheat-sheet isn't perfect, but I could send you an example of what I have so far (I can't send it till tomorrow)... so if you want to look at what I've got so far you can PM me and give me your email address if you want me to send it to you.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby adichiara » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:17 pm

When I was new to excel I just typed a Q into google and the answer came up on a site usually.
adichiara
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Eagle Eye

Return to Baseball Leftovers