Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rollins and Abreu WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rollins and Abreu WHIR

Postby shoelessjoetara » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:39 pm

I am in a 14 team 5x5 roto league what do you guys think my chances are of being able to get these two guys at picks 28 and 29? If there is a better OF I will probably go after him instead of Abreu (Holiday or Bay) probably.
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby willy-t » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:43 pm

Abreu shoud be there, Rollins I'd say 50/50. Take both Holliday abd Bay before Bobby. Wrong forum btw, try here...

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... m.php?f=26 ;-D
willy-t
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -6)

Postby thedude » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:57 pm

That is about the spot where Rollins should go, while he may be there i wouldn't count on it. There are a few OFs i would grab before Mr. Abreu, and Holliday and Bay are two of them.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)

Postby Fade2White12 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:01 pm

I doubt Bay or Holliday will be left at that pick, however other OFs I would take before Abreu are Carlos Lee, Andruw Jones, and Vernon Wells in that order.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby hookem2003 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:30 pm

I really like Abreu around that spot. He hit .330 after the trade and refound some of his power.

Rollins would be a solid pick as well.
hookem2003
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby greenandgold » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:41 am

Fade2White12 wrote:I doubt Bay or Holliday will be left at that pick, however other OFs I would take before Abreu are Carlos Lee, Andruw Jones, and Vernon Wells in that order.

Bay seems to be going mid-second round and Holliday at the end of the second. There is a chance Holliday drops to you but if you league is good I wouldn't count on it. I would think Rollins or Jeter will be avaliable with your picks. Also, I would take Abreu before Jones or Wells.
greenandgold
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: -23)

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:12 am

This thread has been eaten by the Webhamster. This typically happens to solitary posts that move too far away from their own kind. Please repost your question or issue in the appropriate forum where it can dwell among the herd of similar threads and where the mods will bravely protect it from the mean rodents. And please ... do not feed the Webhamster! Thank you.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 210)

Return to Baseball Leftovers