Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ronny Paulino

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:46 pm

Everybody's looking for someone to be the next Brian McCann, so they tend to think every catcher who hits a little above .300 for a spell might be the next one.

Not everyone can turn out to be like McCann.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:54 pm

I drafted him in the last round of a dynasty league. If he hits .300 and hits 10 HRs that's fine for me. If he can develop a little power and go beyond 10, it's all gravy. I love hearing his name come up during the spring though. Makes me very happy to have him.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby mbuser » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:17 pm

i look at him as a nice way to supplement team AVG with your catcher with a very late pick -- don't expect huge run production and you wont be disappointed
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:11 pm

I'm pretty sure Paulino will be batting 6th this year. He did great in that spot last season.
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -250)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Slow Pay » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:06 pm

Personally, I like him alot. He is tearing it up this spring and I think he will carry it over into the reg. season. I think the power numbers will go up...maybe 15 to 20 and he also hits for avg.

Last season he never hit less than .290 in any given month if i'm not mistaken. A real SLEEPER!
Slow Pay
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby The G.O.A.T. » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:23 am

Any idea what is wrong with Ronny right now? I wasn't expecting power, but with him hitting .182 right now I am somewhat worried.
The G.O.A.T.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BUCCOFAN » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:56 am

Its still early, I am hoping he bounces back, for Fantasy Purposes and my Bucco's...... ;-D
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 505)

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:05 pm

The G.O.A.T. wrote:Any idea what is wrong with Ronny right now? I wasn't expecting power, but with him hitting .182 right now I am somewhat worried.

I'm pretty sure Tracy and Manto want him to change his batting stance (they say he's hunching over too much...I liken his stance to Aramis Ramirez's...they look exactly the same at the plate). Generally when Pirates coaches tell someone to change something, that's a bad thing. :-/

The Pirate fan brain-trusts I read every day think Paulino is not the answer and think last year was a fluke. They would much rather see Doumit up and catching because he has a better power bat (switch hitter also).

So...I guess I don't know what to tell you. He's probably trying to kill the ball to get some power instead of hitting the liners that got him such a good average last year. He's also being dropped in the order which means less RBI's and runs scored. I would start looking for other options soon.
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:33 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:So...I guess I don't know what to tell you. He's probably trying to kill the ball to get some power instead of hitting the liners that got him such a good average last year. He's also being dropped in the order which means less RBI's and runs scored. I would start looking for other options soon.

And as soon as I say that...he hits a home run. ;-D
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The G.O.A.T. » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:38 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:So...I guess I don't know what to tell you. He's probably trying to kill the ball to get some power instead of hitting the liners that got him such a good average last year. He's also being dropped in the order which means less RBI's and runs scored. I would start looking for other options soon.

And as soon as I say that...he hits a home run. ;-D

That was definitely needed.

I think I am going to have to ride him out till the end of the line since the best catcher on my WW is Navaro. :-t

Thanks for the info though.
The G.O.A.T.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers