Return to Baseball Leftovers

Good WW Sleeping Starting Pitchers?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby perlick29 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:44 pm

On Greinke, I'm expecting big things, don't give up on him.

Others to watch:

Gorzellany
Angel Guzman
Fausto Carmona
Matt Garza - once he is recalled
Joe Kennedy
Joe Saunders
Adam Loewen
and...

Jeff Weaver, playing in the friendliest home pitcher park in a non-pressured atmosphere as Seattle will be bringing up the rear should help him a lot this year.

More in my thread of course... :-D
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -74)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby trueaskew » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:20 pm

tgalv wrote:greinke might have a tough time pitching with that straightjacket he's wearing..

I wish you had any idea what he is going through. I have been personally living with anxiety and depression for about a year now. Everyday is a battle and there is no cure. Calling him a headcase just further shows how ignorant people are about this condition. It is amazing that Greinke can perform at the level he is now.

Greinke is not a headcase. I wish you could all spend a day in his shoes and appreciate what our condition is like.[/quote]
"God, I hope I wear this jersey forever."
-Derek Jeter
trueaskew
College Coach
College Coach

Postby YardBirds » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:25 pm

Watch out for DCab, had a strong spring and is Leo's project.
"I never used a corked bat...And if I took it to court I'd win that case." --Albert "Joey" Belle
YardBirds
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby jnormy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:42 am

trueaskew wrote:
tgalv wrote:greinke might have a tough time pitching with that straightjacket he's wearing..

I wish you had any idea what he is going through. I have been personally living with anxiety and depression for about a year now. Everyday is a battle and there is no cure. Calling him a headcase just further shows how ignorant people are about this condition. It is amazing that Greinke can perform at the level he is now.

Greinke is not a headcase. I wish you could all spend a day in his shoes and appreciate what our condition is like.

I couldn't agree more that some people can be ignorant. He deserves all the respect in the world for what he's trying to accomplish.

But by the same token it's also completely understandable why a fantasy manager might be hesitant to draft a pitcher for whom "every day is a battle and there is no cure." Even the fact that you say how "amazing" it is that he's performing at the level he is now makes me think Grienke's a risk not worth taking.
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 31)

Postby Niffoc4 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:55 am

jnormy wrote:
trueaskew wrote:

Greinke is not a headcase. I wish you could all spend a day in his shoes and appreciate what our condition is like.

I couldn't agree more that some people can be ignorant. He deserves all the respect in the world for what he's trying to accomplish.

But by the same token it's also completely understandable why a fantasy manager might be hesitant to draft a pitcher for whom "every day is a battle and there is no cure." Even the fact that you say how "amazing" it is that he's performing at the level he is now makes me think Grienke's a risk not worth taking.

I agree... I support Zach Greinke the person... not the fantasy player. The possibility of a non-injury related meltdown makes him too risky.
On top of that he was (iirc) never a good bet for k's anyway. I think there are better sleepers (and tons who are less hyped) who can help in w's k's whip and ERA... Right now I would say Gorzelanny (sp?) and james Shields are two guys to look at.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers