Return to Baseball Leftovers

Granderson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:47 pm

Actually, he changed his approach at the plate this year. I think if he can continue the 2 strike approach, he will be very productive. He is also a lot faster than what his SB showed last year.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... &fext=.jsp
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ActionHero » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:50 pm

Yoda wrote:Actually, he changed his approach at the plate this year. I think if he can continue the 2 strike approach, he will be very productive. He is also a lot faster than what his SB showed last year.

Yes, I was half-listening to Baseball Tonight, but they mentioned something about his new approach. I believe they said he's shortened his swing -- should reduce the number of K's but not lose too much power. I agree he should not be on the waiver wires.
ActionHero
College Coach
College Coach

Postby chinch sacs » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:26 am

sadlyajetsfan wrote:
Yoda wrote:I just picked him up off waivers. I don't think he belongs there and while he was disappointing in 06, he still has 20/20 potential pretty easily in that lineup.

start him today? solid line 2/5 (.400), 2 R and 5 RBIs....i got my friend to bench him for today ugh hes prob not gonna be happy

I had him on my bench in a league that counts TB... damn it! :-[
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -2)

Postby Krunk City King$ » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:26 am

ActionHero wrote:
Yoda wrote:Actually, he changed his approach at the plate this year. I think if he can continue the 2 strike approach, he will be very productive. He is also a lot faster than what his SB showed last year.

Yes, I was half-listening to Baseball Tonight, but they mentioned something about his new approach. I believe they said he's shortened his swing -- should reduce the number of K's but not lose too much power. I agree he should not be on the waiver wires.

shortened swing = ;-D
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)

Postby Bozo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:20 pm

Sounds to me like he's one of those speedy guys who just hasn't yet learned the fine art of translating that speed into stolen bases. I think his SBs will increase this year, I would expect at least 15 with an outside chance at 20. I also expect at least 20 HRs, maybe a few more. I owned him last year and certainly didn't get my money's worth out of him but I turned around and bought him back this year as I do recognize the potential.
Bozo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers