Return to Baseball Leftovers

Haters beware

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Haters beware

Postby Deuce » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:18 pm

With all of the scrutiny and supposed testing, what argument will you have when Bonds gets yet another MVP. 35 homeruns and 15 stolen bases are going to lock itup for him. In addition to the 100+ [edit] walks he gets. His legs are under him and appear to be healed. I'm going to throughly enjoy this season and all of the spilled milk.

B-)

post edited by kimchi_chigae
The glass is neither half full nor half empty... It is simply a glass
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shasty mcnasty » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:31 pm

obviously, the only reason to root against a person/team is because you are a "hater." There's no intelligent decision-making process that goes into deciding whom to root for or against, just pure unadulterated hatred. O:-)
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -17)
Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Re: Haters beware

Postby mikhayl » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:42 pm

Deuce wrote:With all of the scrutiny and supposed testing, what argument will you have when Bonds gets yet another MVP. 35 homeruns and 15 stolen bases are going to lock itup for him. In addition to the 100+ [edit] walks he gets. His legs are under him and appear to be healed. I'm going to throughly enjoy this season and all of the spilled milk.

B-)

post edited by kimchi_chigae

It's going to be very tough for Bonds to win MVP because for that to happen he's going to have to take the Giants at least very close to the WC. And that's not going to be easy.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby TheGNUru » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:43 pm

Deuce wrote:With all of the scrutiny and supposed testing, what argument will you have when Bonds gets yet another MVP. 35 homeruns and 15 stolen bases are going to lock itup for him. In addition to the 100+ chicken sh** walks he gets. His legs are under him and appear to be healed. I'm going to throughly enjoy this season and all of the spilled milk.

B-)

Did they come up with a test for HGH and did the MLB adopt it last night?

They won't even allow players to supply blood samples. Get real!
TheGNUru
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -47)

Postby byfrcp » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:05 pm

There are writers who have said they won't vote for him on the HOF ballot, and you think they'll give him MVP?
byfrcp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -72)

Postby Deuce » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:17 pm

TheGNUru wrote:
Deuce wrote:With all of the scrutiny and supposed testing, what argument will you have when Bonds gets yet another MVP. 35 homeruns and 15 stolen bases are going to lock itup for him. In addition to the 100+ chicken sh** walks he gets. His legs are under him and appear to be healed. I'm going to throughly enjoy this season and all of the spilled milk.

B-)

Did they come up with a test for HGH and did the MLB adopt it last night?

They won't even allow players to supply blood samples. Get real!

That was too easy :-D
I knew I could find a hater in the bunch. But be honest with yourself. Do you really believe Barry Bonds is that stupid, knowing there are people out trying to tie him to HGH, that he would jeopardize his career at this point. I don't think so. He is far enough ahead, that his natural abilities will carry him the rest of the way.
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Deuce » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:18 pm

byfrcp wrote:There are writers who have said they won't vote for him on the HOF ballot, and you think they'll give him MVP?

YES, after this season, they won't have a choice.
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby byfrcp » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:23 pm

Regardless even what you're saying, 35 HR isn't going to give him the MVP over Howard or Pujols, who can get their teams to the postseason.
byfrcp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -72)

Postby Amazinz » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:26 pm

The sad truth, the way I see it, is that even if Bonds posts a monster season most fans/media will take the stance that he used a designer steroid for which there is no test. I have never been a big fan of Bonds but eventually got to the point where I root for him just as a reaction to all the hate. I do think you are setting yourself up for disappointment though. Bonds could hit 300+, 70 HR and steal 25 bases and it wouldn't change a thing. On the contrary, I think it will just end up enforcing the common perception. Bonds is in a no-win situation.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:28 pm

Judging by how much offense players like Pujols can put up, there's no way Bonds gets a shot at MVP, especially considering that there's no way he'll be able to play a full season. 120 games would be an incredible achievement for Barry and 120 games won't get him within sniffing distance of another MVP award.
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
(Past Year: -681)
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers