Return to Baseball Leftovers

Haters beware

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:09 am

jnormy wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
I've posted more than that. But its typical of you to cut out some things. Not surpirsed at all.

Where is that firefox add-on? I could really use it.

Baaah.

Isn't it ironic? The guy who keeps blasting the biased media is selectively quoting small segments of posts to make somebody else look bad. Priceless! Image

you can go read the contributions for yourself. They begin right here. Its been his goal to turn this into a pissing match from the beginning. But enough about him ..

Lets talk Barry.
this story has already been posted in this thread, but ..

SAN FRANCISCO -- Giants slugger Barry Bonds has agreed to shed his famous No. 25 for Jackie Robinson's even more famous No. 42 when Major League Baseball celebrates the 60th anniversary of Robinson shattering the color barrier on April 15.
"I'm proud to do this," Bonds told MLB.com prior to Wednesday night's Giants game against the Padres at AT&T Park. "It's Jackie, man. There's no person who was more important to the African-American cause in baseball history than Jackie Robinson. He paved the way for Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, everybody. You just can't underestimate the impact Jackie had on this game."

I think that is awesome!

great idea Griffey
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jnormy » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:23 am

wrveres wrote:
jnormy wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
I've posted more than that. But its typical of you to cut out some things. Not surpirsed at all.

Where is that firefox add-on? I could really use it.

Baaah.

Isn't it ironic? The guy who keeps blasting the biased media is selectively quoting small segments of posts to make somebody else look bad. Priceless! Image

you can go read the contributions for yourself. They begin right here. Its been his goal to turn this into a pissing match from the beginning. But enough about him ..

Lets talk Barry.
this story has already been posted in this thread, but ..

SAN FRANCISCO -- Giants slugger Barry Bonds has agreed to shed his famous No. 25 for Jackie Robinson's even more famous No. 42 when Major League Baseball celebrates the 60th anniversary of Robinson shattering the color barrier on April 15.
"I'm proud to do this," Bonds told MLB.com prior to Wednesday night's Giants game against the Padres at AT&T Park. "It's Jackie, man. There's no person who was more important to the African-American cause in baseball history than Jackie Robinson. He paved the way for Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, everybody. You just can't underestimate the impact Jackie had on this game."

I think that is awesome!

great idea Griffey

Where did that story come from? That wasn't from the media was it? How can you be so sure it's true? }:-)

And there you go again -- as I said in a previous post -- dancing around another argument (or away from it, as it were). Looking back over all the posts in this thread, the one thing that has consistently amazed me is your ability to totally change the subject whenever someone brings up a point for which you have no answer.

I thought my questions to you, which you completely ignored, were valid... if you're not getting your information about Barry from the media, where exactly are you getting it? And how can you pass judgement on members of the media if you haven't met them, much the same way you say we're not supposed to pass judgement on Bonds since we haven't met him?
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 31)

Postby wrveres » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:31 am

Ok I understand you now. sorry.
I pass judgment on the media from their scriptures. Only I read them with an open mind.
I know people like Marriotti are idiots, heck they remind me every day.
As with any profession there are good an bad sure, but like I said. You need to have a open mind.
Its especially helpful when reading a piece in say the Contra Costa times or SF Chronical.

EDIT: I also have a firm understanding on how the media in America works.
If Billy Bob the unbiased reporter writes a story in say San Fransisco, then kicks into the AP Pool, not only does it have Billy Bobs unbiased slant in the story, it gets picked up by ever major news outlet though out the country. Then it is hacked to death by unbiased editors, who are trying to sell newspapers by splashing unbiased headlines.
Last edited by wrveres on Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby jnormy » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:47 am

wrveres wrote:Ok I understand you now. sorry.
I pass judgement on the media from their scriptures. Only I read them with an open mind.
I know people like Marriotti are idiots, heck they remind me every day.
As with any prefession there are god an bad sure, but like I said. You need to have a open mind.
Its especially helpful when reading a piece in say the Contra Costa times or SF Chronical.

It's human nature for all of us, when we form a strong opinion about something, to tend to believe the things we read that reinforce that belief and dismiss as false things we read which challenge that belief.

One thing you and I can agree on is the value of keeping an open mind. And I then submit to you that you should at least consider the possibility that some negative things written about Barry aren't only because of media bias, but perhaps because of some things Bonds has brought on himself. As I said early on in this thread, I fully admit the guy's one of the game's great hitters, with or without any "help."

I think it's safe to say that, after reading the entirety of this thread, minds aren't open enough to be changed on this issue on either side. As with most Barry Bonds threads, it gets to the point where it just keeps going 'round and 'round, getting nowhere. This one is juuust about there...
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 31)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers