Return to Baseball Leftovers

K-Rod = Cheater?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

K-Rod = Cheater?

Postby Another Blown Save » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:51 pm

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/latosma01.shtml. Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 5024
(Past Year: -361)
Joined: 21 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MentalPowerHouse » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:02 pm

He has a magical hat that makes him throw 94 mph? Is he friends with Harry Potter?
MentalPowerHouse
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 184
(Past Year: -12)
Joined: 13 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:02 pm

That's interesting, although I'd need to see a video before making any conclusions.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11135
(Past Year: -350)
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby Philliebuster » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:38 pm

If that updated last picture isn't a fake, then something fishy was going on. If anything, why would he use a white substance on a black bottom brim...MLB this year changed the bottom of the brim to the darker color.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1237
(Past Year: -1)
Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Jersey

Postby dipset » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:44 pm

who cares... pretty much all professional pitchers cheat some how.... one thing i heard from a professional catcher is that some pitchers mix sunscreen with rosin and put it on their glove strings. It may look like they are tightening their strings but they are getting the paste on their fingers :-?
Image
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1118
(Past Year: -1)
Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Philliebuster » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:54 pm

dipset wrote:who cares... pretty much all professional pitchers cheat some how.... one thing i heard from a professional catcher is that some pitchers mix sunscreen with rosin and put it on their glove strings. It may look like they are tightening their strings but they are getting the paste on their fingers :-?


I care because of this new rule for 2007 thanks to the Gambler:

Ball scuffing: Rule 3.02 now calls for an automatic 10-game suspension for any player who intentionally defaces the ball. (Previously, a first offense led to the pitch being called a ball, a warning to the pitcher and an announcement of violation.)
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1237
(Past Year: -1)
Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Jersey

Postby dipset » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:01 pm

Philliebuster wrote:
dipset wrote:who cares... pretty much all professional pitchers cheat some how.... one thing i heard from a professional catcher is that some pitchers mix sunscreen with rosin and put it on their glove strings. It may look like they are tightening their strings but they are getting the paste on their fingers :-?


I care because of this new rule for 2007 thanks to the Gambler:

Ball scuffing: Rule 3.02 now calls for an automatic 10-game suspension for any player who intentionally defaces the ball. (Previously, a first offense led to the pitch being called a ball, a warning to the pitcher and an announcement of violation.)


O really? crazy i didnt know that
Image
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1118
(Past Year: -1)
Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:33 pm

Hmm...a pitcher adjusts his hat between pitches, because his natural pitching motion knocks his hat off a little bit. He has a little dirt on the hat, so he must be doctoring the ball. Yeah right...
Image

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3415
(Past Year: -101)
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:34 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Hmm...a pitcher adjusts his hat between pitches, because his natural pitching motion knocks his hat off a little bit. He has a little dirt on the hat, so he must be doctoring the ball. Yeah right...

That explanation would work if he did that after every pitch...according to the site he only grabbed it before certain pitches. Doesn't mean he's cheating but it's certainly suspicious.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11135
(Past Year: -350)
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:10 pm

This is the most absurd arguement I've heard in a while. He's a cheater because he SOMETIMES adjusts his hat before he throws a pitch, and it's a dirty hat? I mean, it's not like these guys sweat a lot and it gets their hat dirty, right?
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4342
(Past Year: -9)
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at Morimoto's, eating $50 worth of sushi

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests