Return to Baseball Leftovers

Detroit vs Toronto PPD

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Archduke Chocula » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:47 pm

rmande09 wrote:I have a feeling Gordo will have his first ML hit against him though, as he's not touching Dice-K today.

Or not! Future HOFer Alex Gordon gets his first major league hit off fellow rookie Daisuke Matsuzaka, in the bottom of the 5th inning in his 3rd major league game and his 9th career at-bat.
Don't tase me, bro.
Archduke Chocula
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby markj11 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:01 pm

Archduke Chocula wrote:
rmande09 wrote:I have a feeling Gordo will have his first ML hit against him though, as he's not touching Dice-K today.

Or not! Future HOFer Alex Gordon gets his first major league hit off fellow rookie Daisuke Matsuzaka, in the bottom of the 5th inning in his 3rd major league game and his 9th career at-bat.

Holy cow, 1 hit and he is a future HOFer?
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -10)

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:07 pm

markj11 wrote:
Archduke Chocula wrote:

Holy cow, 1 hit and he is a future HOFer?

Just think what they would have said if he'd gone yard. :-b
Hope springs eternal
grows like ivy on the vine
then dies in the fall

--Haiku for a Cubs Fan, The Loveable Losers
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 235)

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:32 pm

mlb is stupid for scheduling the games they do. duh its going to be cold to start April in alot of places, so maybe schedule games not in these cities. instead schedule games on the west coast or in cities that have roofs.. then there wouldnt be canceled games for cold/snow.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 38)

Postby shmolex » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:34 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:mlb is stupid for scheduling the games they do. duh its going to be cold to start April in alot of places, so maybe schedule games not in these cities. instead schedule games on the west coast or in cities that have roofs.. then there wouldnt be canceled games for cold/snow.

you're suggesting that all teams in cold cities not play a home game for the first 2 weeks?
shmolex
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby mweir145 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:43 pm

shmolex wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:mlb is stupid for scheduling the games they do. duh its going to be cold to start April in alot of places, so maybe schedule games not in these cities. instead schedule games on the west coast or in cities that have roofs.. then there wouldnt be canceled games for cold/snow.

you're suggesting that all teams in cold cities not play a home game for the first 2 weeks?

If Major League Baseball was smart, they wouldn't have scheduled the season opener in Detroit in early April. It just doesn't make any sense, especially when Toronto has a perfectly good dome. We were lucky to only have one game postponed this week in Detroit.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:03 pm

rmande09 wrote:
Boyakasha wrote:Bleh. The guy I'm up against has Verlander, so now instead of the Jays, he'll throw against KC. :-P

I am a Verlander owner and I was pissed at first, but then I realized that it went from him facing a tough Blue Jays lineup to him facing an anemic Royals lineup. I have a feeling Gordo will have his first ML hit against him though, as he's not touching Dice-K today.

Someone was wrong. :-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:04 am

shmolex wrote:you're suggesting that all teams in cold cities not play a home game for the first 2 weeks?

where possible yes.
they could make up the schedule so the west coast teams(warm weathered cities) get the first home games in April. im sure the east coast teams(cold weathered cities) could take the home games during the summer.
with the number of games in a season im sure its possible for the first few series in April to be non divisional games where cold weathered city teams play at warm weathered city teams. i havnt done the math to see which teams would still have to play in cold weathered cities, but thats where teams with domes could take early home games like Toronto and Minnesota
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 38)

Postby abrunn11 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:06 am

tal1286 wrote:
Yoda wrote:Who are the geniuses that decided to build an outdoor stadium in Detroit anyway?

wasn't the plan for the new stadium in Minnesota to be outdoors?

that would be a disaster.

That's the plan!
abrunn11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -27)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers