Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Saito gonna keep this up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby George_Foreman » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:36 am

Well, a lot of people (myself included) have been predicting a meltdown for Saito this year. I normally wouldn't get too concerned about this, but Saito becoming hitable isn't something that totally unexpected.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fade2White12 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:52 am

Come on - its the first week of the season. All these closers have horrendous ERAs as well:

KRod
Ryan
Gordon
Fuentes

I'm not about to mail it in after 2.0-3.0 innings....
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby JakeTrain72 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:51 am

Wow, I am amazed at some people who are "concerned" and "worried" about this guy.

Most closers are asked to get the final three outs of the game. Saito has been asked to do more than that. Last time I checked, you made the playoffs based on wins, not hits allowed, and those wins are what Little's job depends on, not hits allowed. Seems to me Saito has converted 2 of 2 save opporuinities. He hasn't blown a save and you are worried? Oh, and yes he is gonna blow one or a few, all closers usually do.

I realize you would prefer to trade a guy while he has value before he tanks and has nothing at all. Then do it and be done with it. But keep in mind, if you trade for another closer, he is going to blow a save eventually as well. Every closer is going to blow up more than once this season-or get hurt.

I wouldn't be looking to move Saito, I'd be looking to add Broxton before people realize just how valueable he is on your fantasy team.
JakeTrain72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -2)

Postby Yoda » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:55 am

THe game I watched against MIL, he was extremely hittable and was probalby inches from blowing that game. It's not encouraging that he was shaky again last night. There is nothing you can do but hope that he turns it around.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby Diggs » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:57 am

Yoda wrote:THe game I watched against MIL, he was extremely hittable and was probalby inches from blowing that game. It's not encouraging that he was shaky again last night. There is nothing you can do but hope that he turns it around.

Broxton owner ......
I am a New York Jets, New York Mets, and New York Knicks fan. I know misery like few other sports fans know ...
Diggs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:58 am

Diggs wrote:
Yoda wrote:THe game I watched against MIL, he was extremely hittable and was probalby inches from blowing that game. It's not encouraging that he was shaky again last night. There is nothing you can do but hope that he turns it around.

Broxton owner ......

Nope you are wrong. Keep living in denial that Saito is not as good as his numbers looked in 06.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Fade2White12 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:00 am

Keep living in denial that he is as horrendous as your posts seem to indicate...
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Yoda » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:05 am

Fade2White12 wrote:Keep living in denial that he is as horrendous as your posts seem to indicate...

Umm ok. I love how defensive people get when you point out that their players are not perfect. All I said was he looked very hittable and shaky for his two outings and he is not as good as the numbers he posted in 06. How do you derive at me saying that he was horrible?
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Diggs » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:09 am

Yoda wrote:
Fade2White12 wrote:Keep living in denial that he is as horrendous as your posts seem to indicate...

Umm ok. I love how defensive people get when you point out that their players are not perfect. All I said was he looked very hittable and shaky for his two outings and he is not as good as the numbers he posted in 06. How do you derive at me saying that he was horrible?

Because it is not just this post that we (at least I) are talking about. You have gone out of your way to predict Saito's demise in every thread that his name has popped up in for the past month+.

It is FAR more likely he keeps the job then relingquishes it yet you just SO want it to happen. I like your posts 98+% of the team, but you're really becoming a broken record when it comes to Saito.

HTH.
I am a New York Jets, New York Mets, and New York Knicks fan. I know misery like few other sports fans know ...
Diggs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:12 am

Diggs wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Because it is not just this post that we (at least I) are talking about. You have gone out of your way to predict Saito's demise in every thread that his name has popped up in for the past month+.

It is FAR more likely he keeps the job then relingquishes it yet you just SO want it to happen. I like your posts 98+% of the team, but you're really becoming a broken record when it comes to Saito.

HTH.
\

Did I advise people to dump him? Trade him? Saito owners are the ones panicking and posting "OMG Saito doesn't look good. Is he going to survive" messages. I even went out of my way to say there is nothing you can do but hang onto him.

I am just pointing out that his numbers in 06 were ridiculously good and it is very unlikely that he can continue to pitch that way.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers