Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Is Saito gonna keep this up?

Postby kemper5 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:33 pm

All I know is this..Saito was nothing too special in Japan, not horrible, but not great..So, hitters did not figure him out the 1st season in the Majors, but I bet they figure him out pretty quick this year.. Look at the 2003, 2004, 2005 in Japan..

03 6W, 103 IP, 72 K's, 4.18 Era
04 2W, 44 IP, 37 K's, 7.71 Era
05 3W, 106 IP, 93 K's, 3.82 Era
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Football

Is Saito gonna keep this up?

Postby kemper5 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:27 pm

I hope the D's have to go to Saito again today..We'll see what happens..
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby great gretzky » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:38 pm

good example of why sometimes its nice to draft on the end. I knew it was "overpaying" for broxton, but it was nice to just bookend those picks. If saito works out, great, you still have two relievers who will end up influencing your stats positively. Otherwise, you have basically guranteed yourself a really nice closer situation, at a realtively lower costs than the krod's, nathan's, and rivera's of the world. You have to take broxton early, but I think the overall effect of it was worthwhile (or should be).
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -7)

Re: Is Saito gonna keep this up?

Postby SirDunkALot » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:34 pm

kemper5 wrote:I hope the D's have to go to Saito again today..We'll see what happens..

You must've reversed jinxed Saito with this thread. 1-2-3.
SirDunkALot
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pope » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:49 pm

Saito proved it today: He is the best closer ever.

All of you Broxton owners with your fancy projections and numbers and history can get out! We LAUGH at you!

:-?

sorry... just wanted to continue the sentiment of the thread! ;-D
pope
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Niffoc4 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:57 am

I'm not sure why Yoda (or Foreman) or me or anyone else thinking Saito will fail is a crazy notion. Many relievers have singularly amazing years and flame out the following one. Look at Turnbow, look around, relief pitching is a small sample size, so anytime someone has an amazing season in relief it is EASY to predict that they will at BEST keep the closer r
ole (and have little to no chance of duplicating their previous numbers). Saito is someone who I stayed away from, because I really only have last year's data to work with, since Japanese translations confuse me... and that makes him risky. Combine that with one of the best MR's in the league backing him up... and my money's on Broxton.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 7)

Postby chipper » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:55 am

Yoda wrote:I don't have Saito or Broxton. All I know is he doesn't have the stuff to match his 06 numbers, he is old and usually pitchers like him get figured out. But why let facts get in the way?

Facts like.........he had a great year in '06 and is currently 3 for 3 in save situations? Funny, in every debate you are in, you only consider "facts" to be things that "prove" your own point.

Diggs wrote:Of course it is possible, but play along. Lets say your life depended on it and you had to give a "yes" or "no" answer right now; which would it be?

Dude, good luck getting a straight answer for a question out of this guy. I've been down that road before.

And Chewbacca, before you rip into me.....again :-D
I don't own Bronxton, don't own Saito, and am not related to anyone in MLB.
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -9)

Postby Diggs » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:20 am

chipper wrote:Dude, good luck getting a straight answer for a question out of this guy. I've been down that road before.

Yeah. Of course he ignored the question; but in doing so, he gave me the answer I was looking for. ;-)
I am a New York Jets, New York Mets, and New York Knicks fan. I know misery like few other sports fans know ...
Diggs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:21 am

chipper wrote:
Yoda wrote:I don't have Saito or Broxton. All I know is he doesn't have the stuff to match his 06 numbers, he is old and usually pitchers like him get figured out. But why let facts get in the way?

Facts like.........he had a great year in '06 and is currently 3 for 3 in save situations? Funny, in every debate you are in, you only consider "facts" to be things that "prove" your own point.

Diggs wrote:Of course it is possible, but play along. Lets say your life depended on it and you had to give a "yes" or "no" answer right now; which would it be?

Dude, good luck getting a straight answer for a question out of this guy. I've been down that road before.

And Chewbacca, before you rip into me.....again :-D
I don't own Bronxton, don't own Saito, and am not related to anyone in MLB.

I don't have to rip into you anymore. You just do it to yourself in almost every post that you make. ;-)
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers