Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anybody else's Yahoo Stattracker a mess right now?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jbauer2485 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:43 pm

eftda wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
jbauer2485 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
jbauer2485 wrote:Oh yeah, I remember the reason why I don't spend 10 bucks on this thing now.

Yeah because a few bugs in the beginning makes it not a great tool for a very cheap price for 6 months.

It's not like this is some new experimental program, it's been around for a while, there should be 0 bugs, especially for something that costs 9.99 that you can get for free on multiple websites.

It's not StatTracker that's causing problems. It's Yahoo! Sports' scoreboard. All the games say 0-0 on my league page so it really has nothing to do with StatTracker having bugs. For less than $2 a month I'm not seeing any downside.

$1.66 a month. Thats and avg of 5 cents a day. IMO it's worth it. 5 cents to save 5-10 minutes of checking free sites.

I'm not trying to convince anyone not to pay for it because it helps keep Yahoo free for the rest of us, but I still don't see the point in paying for a service that I can get for free, no matter how cheap it might be.

I know it seems silly, but some people with major medical problems can't afford to spend 10 dollars on something that they can get for free. :-t
jbauer2485
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:45 pm

We get it b/c we like divisional play and keeping score by won/ loss instead of by categorical scoring. I recall that Yahoo gets squirrelly every year for the first couple of weeks.

We are concurrently playing an ESPN league and they wrote us all a nice letter apologizing for sucking and assuring us that they are working *very* hard on getting a waiver wire for us so Yahoo is ok w/ me.

I agree that it is pretty schlocky for a large company to offer a product that works in that manner but any additional convenience is handy and more than worth the $10. If I figure I make $10/ hour at my job, I will save that much time looking at it in about 3 days once they get it debugged.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers