Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy Baseball MVP's the past 30 years

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:31 pm

GradysBaby133 wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:I noticed that Albert Belle is the 1998 winner- I know he batted .328, with a few more SBs, but Mark McGwire that year had 70 homers and batted .299. I can't tell you off the top of my head how many RBIs he had, but I think it was at least 150-160 (I could be way off). Just thought maybe he deserved it more but you can certainly make a case for Belle.

I think McGwire had 147 RBI that year. I know he had a great line with the 70 home runs, but Belle hit for a lot higher average, drove in more runs & added a few SB. Though it was def. close that year!

They were both on steroids, so it really was even ;-D :-b
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -24)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:35 pm

Pedro in 2000 was the Fantasy MVP. 1.74 ERA. Second best? 2.58 by Kevin Brown who only won 13 games. If asked guys who had him that year, they will tell how he carried them that year. It is also that year that made him the consenus number 1 the following year.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)

Postby GradysBaby133 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:42 pm

sportsaddict wrote:
GradysBaby133 wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:I noticed that Albert Belle is the 1998 winner- I know he batted .328, with a few more SBs, but Mark McGwire that year had 70 homers and batted .299. I can't tell you off the top of my head how many RBIs he had, but I think it was at least 150-160 (I could be way off). Just thought maybe he deserved it more but you can certainly make a case for Belle.

I think McGwire had 147 RBI that year. I know he had a great line with the 70 home runs, but Belle hit for a lot higher average, drove in more runs & added a few SB. Though it was def. close that year!

according to Canseco's book, Belle was one of the clean ones of the steroid era actually
GradysBaby133
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:44 pm

GradysBaby133 wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:
GradysBaby133 wrote:

according to Canseco's book, Belle was one of the clean ones of the steroid era actually

Corking your bat doesn't exactly make you clean.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby GradysBaby133 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:16 am

yeah he may have corked his bat but it dosnt mean he was roided up
GradysBaby133
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers