Return to Baseball Leftovers

David Aardsma WHitesox..Closer potential?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Old_Style » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:15 pm

Freebird27 wrote:This talk kills me. Jenks was working consistantly at 95 night before last along with that nasty curveball. His numbers thus far are the same as last season...ERA 4 with a 1.30 WHIP...it is ridiculous to site a decrease in velocity when speculating Jenks will lose the closer job. Write in Jenks for 40 saves and call it day.

Jenks came into camp slimmer this season which Guillen hounded him about last year (his weight). I think that is the reason he is ONLY hitting 95.

Its Guillen screwing with the media.

Thank you. I don't see Jenks losing his job anytime soon.

As for Aardsma, I wouldn't be surprised if he's dealt to Philly for Aaron Rowand sometime before the deadline. (Just going on a gut feeling.)
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -218)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jbones733 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:38 pm

Old_Style wrote:
Freebird27 wrote:This talk kills me. Jenks was working consistantly at 95 night before last along with that nasty curveball. His numbers thus far are the same as last season...ERA 4 with a 1.30 WHIP...it is ridiculous to site a decrease in velocity when speculating Jenks will lose the closer job. Write in Jenks for 40 saves and call it day.

Jenks came into camp slimmer this season which Guillen hounded him about last year (his weight). I think that is the reason he is ONLY hitting 95.

i doubt that , sox pen is looking great & Kenny & Ozzie value that highly, they aint messing w this pen, possibly 2nd best behind pads

As for Aardsma, I wouldn't be surprised if he's dealt to Philly for Aaron Rowand sometime before the deadline. (Just going on a gut feeling.)
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -6)

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:23 pm

Aardsma has never been able to sustain this consistently. Eventually, he starts walking guys and then gives up the dinger.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: -47)

Postby SOUTHSIDE HITMEN » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:26 am

Old_Style wrote:

[b]

Please NO!
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Ender » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:41 am

Jenks could easily hold the job all year, he could also easily lose it. The guy stinks as an actual pitcher but he has good stuff that makes up for it.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Postby Yoda » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:49 am

Ender wrote:Jenks could easily hold the job all year, he could also easily lose it. The guy stinks as an actual pitcher but he has good stuff that makes up for it.

Another example of a guy who lives off his good stuff and not how he pitches. Jenks is the type of guy whose career flames out far earlier than it should given his stuff.

For this year, I still think he is safe.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby converge241 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:00 pm

Ozzie has shown he will change in a heartbeat if he feels it's needed though (it's how Jenks got in)

In deeper leagues Aardsma is worth owning..even if he doesnt get the closer job
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 39)

Postby jbones733 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:37 pm

converge241 wrote:Ozzie has shown he will change in a heartbeat if he feels it's needed though (it's how Jenks got in)

In deeper leagues Aardsma is worth owning..even if he doesnt get the closer job

yeah like i said he's quickly becoming a premier setup man, w great ratio's
FYI Jenks has pitched 3 days in a row & Aardsma is in there for the save right now
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -6)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:38 pm

friggen crap
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -29)

Postby DevilDriver » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:11 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:friggen crap

He already pitched in consecutive days, Ozzie shouldn't have put him in.
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -50)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers